What Was Your Rank? - Page 41
Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Rank?

1. Thumbs up Smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    We all leave our rank behind us when our time is done in the military, it really only counts for more retirement pay if U hit 20-30 years and even that is not cash that lets U live very well off. But with (almost) every trip to the V.A. I find some jack-off who is barking out orders at patients and staff like he or she is still the Sergeant-Major or a 2-star Division Commander they used to be when they were active. I treat all Vets as equals (Comrades in Arms) as they served when SO many others ducked or chose the easy paths of life and have no concept what we gave up so they could safely live out their years in normal lives doing the things few of us ever managed, like staying put for a decade/or 2 and making good neighborly friends or buying a home, not renting one every 3 years, climb as high as they wanted/could manage and did what they wanted with their lives, not what others decided to do with the only shot at life or death or the wounds or bugs we got that they seldom woried about. For them an alert was a broken washer, for us a call in the night to "pack-it-up and roll" to go meet some very real hostiles who wanted us dead. 3 years or 30 in gave most Vets more life experiences than any civilian stuck in an boring office-job would get in 10 lifetimes! Keep the medals they mean nothng now, a genuine 'Thanks' is worth a Medal of Honor from those who have an idea of what we went thru as a cook or as a Airborne Ranger! I salute you all!

Canis-Lupus
    You go Wolf.... and a big AMEN

I was in USMC for 3 years, got out as a Cpl (E-4). Then retired after 19 years in USAF as a MSgt (E-7). I was in military/civilian pay for first 9 years and then in Civil Engineering for the next 13 years. I have been retired for over 26 years and still wish I could be on active duty. I also wish I could go back to the city and resume my Reserve Police Officer status, but I am way too old and too many health problems. I really miss it all.

4. Navy O-3, active 1976-1987, SelRes until 1990. I'd go back tomorrow if I thought for a minute I could pass the PT test.

MSgt

Retired USAF MSgt with 20 years in Aircraft Maintenance. Now working for a government contractor. Hate it that I can't carry on the base or I would have a sidearm in the vehicle at all times. People go nuts on military installations too.

6. Air Force Major

7. Captain, Artillery, US Army, long, long ago.

O-3E in Air Force (AD). ICBM Operator ... big guns!

It was so long ago I don't remember and in any event, I don't out rank my wife.
    Pain make man think. Thinking make man wise.
    Wisdom make life endurable.
    ......Sakini......

USN 78-82...... DDG-33, DDG-9 Japan....... MR2

MMCM(SW) USN-RET. Propulsion plant mechanic for 20yrs. Most time done on Carriers but my first ship was a Destroyer and those were six of the most memorable years of my life, and I mean that in a good way. Rarely does a day go by that I don't regret leaving the Navy.
    Retired U.S. Navy, MMCM(SW) "The American people sleep in relative peace at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast