What Was Your Rank? - Page 42
Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Rank?

I retired from the USAF as a MSgt in 1983, I had 25 yr active duty at the time of my retirement. I spent all of my time in uniform as an Aircraft Maintenance Tech/Supt. I taught Aircraft Maintenance for 10 yrs and was a Master Instructor. During my 25 yrs I spent 2 yrs in Japan, 3 yrs in Korea, 2 tours in VietNam, and numerous TDY's back and forth to and from Seato for a total of 9 yrs overseas. There is more but I don't want to bore anyone anymore than I have already...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

USN '03-'07 got out for college (with plans to return as an officer)as an AO3(AW) biggest mistake I've ever made. less than a year out i was in a car accident which left me with a paralyzed right arm. doesn't matter how many college degrees i get now, cant go back to do what I loved.....

4. What Was Your Rank?

The question did not specifiy that one had to have been in the military, but what your rank was. I served with the Pinal County Sheriff's Department, starting in 1975 as a dispatcher. I then transferred into the jail when we had several detention officers leave. I applied for reserve deputy and was accepted and attended 480 hours of academy training at Central Arizona Law Officer Training Academy (CARLOTA). I was awarded the Academic Award for an average of 95 on written tests over the two semesters, and was the second highest score on the range, with a 296 out of 300. I went through the hiring process and was assigned to patrol district 2, which was 986 square miles. Two years later, I was promoted to corporal and was line supervisor in our district. I was also a volunteer firefighter with the Arizona City Fire Dept. I had RK done on my right eye to reduce the thickness of my glasses, and the operation was less than successful, I had to resign from both the SO and the FD, and ended up in private security in California whare I was lead security supervisor on a 23-man force at a homeless shelter. I tangled with a former Marine on PCP and was left disabled permanently. I am glad to be accepted here as someone with something to contribute.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

5. Grunt corporal--9th Marines and 1st Marines, 1956-62.

6 Years

Out at SFC...175th MP Btn

9 years active.
    3 more Army Reserve
    Top pay grade SGT E-5
    Got busted too many times, at the wrong time.

8. Currently serving on Active Duty in my second term. I just reenlisted a week ago. I'm a SPC, but the board is coming soon. I'm getting ready to PCS from Fort Polk to Fort Campbell and I am pretty excited. I'm a 68WM6 in the MEDDAC here at Fort Polk.

During undergraduate university years I was in the U.S. Navy Reserves with the rating of Aviation Electronics Technician; then on to the U.S. Air Force to reach the rank of Major. And, in the airline industry I was "Captain". It's been a great ride.

USMC 1961/64 E-1 thru E-4 (Private to Coporal)
    USAF 1965/84 E-4 thru E-7 (A1C to MSgt) All you young troops may say my E-4 rank is wrong, but they started adding stars for the rank of Sgt just before I retired.
    I go to VA too and if anyone there treated me bad I would not let it go. I would take it as far as I could. Everyone I have dealt with has treated me with respect.

Air Force - Sergeant (E-4)

Served 1973 - 1977

Airborne Early Warning and Control (Scope Dope)

Phoenix, AZ / Cape Lisburne, AL (26th Air Division (SAGE) / 711th ACW Squadron)

Air Surveillance Supervisor
    Interceptor Weapons Control Tech
    Safe Passage NCO
    We will not falter. We will not surrender. We will prevail.

NRA Benefactor Member

Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast