What Was Your Rank? - Page 45
Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Rank?

E-3 PFC united states army i was in the infantry with the 101st airborne with rakkassans and regrettably got out after 2 3/4 years i was in one of the most prestigious units in the military im proud to have served with so many great and honorable individuals thank you united states military
    Last edited by pildnera; 12-01-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: wrong word in reply
    the only thing war determines is not who won or is right but in the end it determines who is left

E-5, Army, Paratrooper with a jungle vacation.

To all my brothers and sisters who signed their name to that blank check that said payment up an to including my life, I salute you.

CWO-4 Regular Army Retired with over 27.

U.S. Army Retired MSG/E-8. Retired in 1990 with 22 years of active duty and 2 tours of duty in Vietnam with the 101 ABN Division. 1968 to 1969 and 1970 to 1971. Almost seems like another life time. Salute to all you vets.

hatchet

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Ha, well you haven't "served" unless you were a Marine

Well I was scheduled for the Marines.....but when they did the background check they discovered my parents were married.
    "A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor.

7. Thumbs up alleycat

I would like to get some info on a unit i served with, but can"t seem to find to much info on this unit. I was a E-4 with 3rd Recon Bn Delta Co 3rd Marine Div. I was in country 68-69, our rear area was Quang Tri. Any one that knows something about our unit can e-mail or post on this site

CMSgt

Was a CMSgt Air Force when I retired in 1991. Spent my time as a television and radio technician (AFRTS), instrumentation technician, and lastly an ICBM Code Controller (special duty). Spent 26 1/2 years in and am proud of my duty to my country.

E-5/SGT, 9 years in Armor

For you Vietnam Vets..... Texas Tech has a website dedicated to the Vietnam era that is loaded with information and is always looking for more...

The Vietnam Center and Archive: Resources and Researching

<snip>
    In May 1989, a group of Vietnam veterans from West Texas gathered at Texas Tech University to discuss what they might do, in a positive way, about their experiences in Vietnam. That group's immediate decision was to form a Vietnam Archive and begin collecting and preserving materials relating to the American Vietnam experience.

In November 1989, the Board of Regents of Texas Tech University established the Vietnam Center, with the dual missions of funding and guiding the development of the Vietnam Archive and encouraging continuing study of all aspects of the American Vietnam experience.

Msgt, U.S.A.F. 20+ yrs., 1970-1991. Acft Maintenance B-52H (Buff) & B-1B (Bone).

Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast