What Was Your Rank? - Page 8
Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was Your Rank?

I retired as an SFC. I took early retirement before they threw me out for medical reasons: I had/have an inoperable right carotid bifurcation aneurysm. Not to worry, I will be around to hound everyone for a long time!
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    ...and this very interesting membership: Assn of Former Intel Office. (?)
    Sorry, ran out of room so the last word got truncated. Actually, this is the Assn of Former Intel Officers, although they are supposedly changing the name to the Assn *For* Intel Officers. All one needs to join it to have been a credentialed intel officer (military or civilian). What the 96B's (counter-intel) called B's & C's (badge and credentials--one was only badged if one had arrest authority.) My MOS was 96C (HUMINT). It gets complicated, but it was 96C, and then 97E and now is something different. I did strategic debriefing for DIA, so I got credentials but no badge.

You can go here if you are interested in finding out more. They have chapters all over the US.
    - FreedomsAdvocate

A great Hello, And thank you all for your service,Made E-5 three times, and still got out a SP4,just couldn't keep my mouth shut.

freedom advocate and harley d welcome from GA.

Thumbs up Please welcome our latest member from Arizona.

# 73 member inbound, we welcome Growth!
    Retired USAF Pilot (good skill to have/fixed-wing or rotary or both?)
    Hailing from Tucson, AZ (We have another member in your a/o)
    His interests include healthy ranges of Harleys to golf and flying (what do you fly for fun?)
    Growth is currently an Occupation Military Contractor.
    His primary carry gun is a G23 (Sounds Glockish)
    Listing: "A couple handguns, a couple long guns"
    We welcome Growth from AZ into our growing ranks.
    God that sounds too bloody active-D!!!!!!! OK
    "Welcome to the Veterans and Guns social group!"
    Gawd I AM brainwashed, never would have happened
    if they didn't put all that salt-peter in our basic-training chow!

Canis-Lupus

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomsAdvocate View Post
    Sorry, ran out of room so the last word got truncated. Actually, this is the Assn of Former Intel Officers, although they are supposedly changing the name to the Assn *For* Intel Officers. All one needs to join it to have been a credentialed intel officer (military or civilian). What the 96B's (counter-intel) called B's & C's (badge and credentials--one was only badged if one had arrest authority.) My MOS was 96C (HUMINT). It gets complicated, but it was 96C, and then 97E and now is something different. I did strategic debriefing for DIA, so I got credentials but no badge.

You can go here if you are interested in finding out more. They have chapters all over the US.

Hmmm, I'll check it out, thanks, 98G here.
    Update, there is a chapter in my area, hoorah!
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 11-25-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomsAdvocate View Post

I'd like to add a little bit of clarification, if I may. One does not have to be, or have to have been, an officer to join. Persons of any rank or level may become Members:

According to the AFIO web site:

"Members - Current and Former U.S. intelligence, counterintelligence, military, law enforcement and related (e.g. security) personnel (any rank or level), may become Members.

Associate Members - U.S. citizens in private, civil, academic or corporate pursuits, as well as, Americans currently in non-intelligence government employment (at any level) or other military service, may become Associate Members."

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I'd like to add a little bit of clarification, if I may. One does not have to be, or have to have been, an officer to join. Persons of any rank or level may become Members:

According to the AFIO web site:

"Members - Current and Former U.S. intelligence, counterintelligence, military, law enforcement and related (e.g. security) personnel (any rank or level), may become Members.

Associate Members - U.S. citizens in private, civil, academic or corporate pursuits, as well as, Americans currently in non-intelligence government employment (at any level) or other military service, may become Associate Members."
    Hey a SIGINT'er! Were you ever in the 311th or 265th on Ft Campbell? What language? Mine is Arabic.

I just had to show a copy of my credentials. The separate ID Card with picture issued (in my case, being I was Army) by INSCOM identifing you as an Officer of US Army Intelligence (says it right on the top). It was not issued to me unitl I started to work with/for DIA to identify myself to sources. As 98's have a somewhat similar relationship to the NSA, I would assume yours would be from them. I will see if I can dig mine out and post a picture of them.

As I was enlisted, it is for sure not limited to Commissioned Officers. I wouldn't sweat it; tell them your service dates and MOS, and if they must have something on paper, send them a copy of your DD214. That should do it.

Hell, they even take civilians, so any MI person should be a shoe in!
    Last edited by FreedomsAdvocate; 11-25-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    - FreedomsAdvocate

Welcome GROWTH from the peanut state (GA) and thank you for your service.

U FT. Huachuca 111th MI types used to fill the Community Care Clinic I ran my last year in service, great out-patient job to peel me off the hi-adrenaline ER I ran at Raymond W. Blisss Army Community Hospital for 3 years, now a clinic when I ran their Emergency Department. I swear there was more blood & guts on post than when we went off post to back up Sierra-Vista for MASCALs. Crazy fun place and I fell in love with the 111th, but did not hit it off well with the Signal folks. Even got a coin from the 111th Bde Cdr for processing 5K A.D. allied students, dependents and some retirees per month thru both joints. Dog days of a 20 year career in a decent assignment.

Canis-Lupus

Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast