Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

Thread: Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment....

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Lmafo. I don't think I've ever been called the spawn of satan before by someone who actually believed it. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

    The truth terrifies us? For a belief set that's based strictly around empirical evidence I find that argument humorous as well, in a pathetic, you need to try harder sort of way.

    We'll never go away or shut up? Funny, I think the same thing every time an idiot like you shows up at my front door. And I do mean an idiot like you, not all Christians. 99% of Christians I know, even the evangelicals, aren't half as retarded as you are.

    Until you chimed in, OG and I were having a healthy and entertaining debate. GTFO newb.
    Creek: I have enjoyed the repartee on religion but I have tried not to be overtly insulting. We both seem to share a strong belief, just in different religions, that should enable us to converse with civility. Ringo doesn't need any defense by me, he is quite involved and learned in Christianity and is by no means an idiot. You seem to have taken his reference to atheists as a personal affront and responded with rather childish criticism. He did say "atheists" and not Muslims so I guess you thought otherwise. I do enjoy discussing religion with anyone. nosreme is a self-avowed atheist but he does make his arguments in a civil and interesting manner which causes no real animosity. That sort of repartee gives us all a shot at expressing our beliefs without intentionally giving offense. Since the thread is becoming somewhat combative, I will back out because I don't want to be guilty of causing strife and saying something that would be offensive to God. "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted and sins, being condemned of himself." Guess that can apply to both sides, huh?

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Atheist with strong moral compass and values here. Doing good does not require any religion at all. Nor does being christian assure goodness. (History is replete with amoral acts perpetrated by christians, often in the name of christianity). How about something novel: live and let live...respect the morals and values that lead to not bothering those who want to be left alone--and to keeping religion out of schools, science, medicine, and government.
    Where do you think you moral compass came from? Do you really think you were born good? If not then who was the first teacher of morals? Do you think you can come up with any kind of virtuous slogan or thought on your own? It needs to be unique and unattributed to any deity that came before you. Let me know because I am always looking for new virtues that can be passed on and most atheists seem to think that virtue springs forth from man. So I am listening!!!

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    <G> That's a pretty sweeping indictment! The corollary would be for me to say something wholly inaccurate, like, "all christians are annoying bible thumpers who are incapable of thinking for themselves, anti-science because genesis says all that's necessary, anti-education except for bible study, burners as witches of people with warts, burners of scientists..." I think you get my point.
    I get your point, I know you get mine.

    Atheists thrive by being a parasite on Christianity, and mostly target the shortcomings of individuals. Atheists are so opposed to anything linked to God that their hatred gets in the way of common sense. They believe that nothing, plus nothing, plus time, equals something. All lies begin with self-deceit. Satan (Devil) is self-deceived and the father of all lies, atheists being of their father the devil have the nearest alliance to Satan. The reason for their resistance and rage is because God's word is truth, and the truth terrifies them. Being of their father the Devil (like father like son) these "fools by choice" will never go away or shut up. They have no religion of their own, so the sole purpose of their existence revolves around attacking the validity of the Holy Bible. An awful state of regenerate men, they partake of the same principles and propensities which characterize the very nature and essence of their father the devil! When confronted with any debate atheists are only able to issue negative commentary because, once again, their hatred gets in the way of any common sense. Therefor, as we can see, they foolishly rage and there is no peace and quite.
    America's Epitaph
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,777
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    "all christians are annoying bible thumpers who are incapable of thinking for themselves, anti-science - anti-education except for bible study, burners as witches of people with warts, burners of scientists..
    America's Epitaph
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutStalker View Post
    Your missing the point kwimby, and quite defensively. I don't think one religion should be pushed over another. But the president has pretty much proclaimed that if you so much as look wrong at a Muslim, you will be prosecuted for a hate crime. I fall in the camp that all religions should be protected. You know, being free. I'm pretty sure the Civil Rights Act of 1964 made it unlawful for an employer(federal government in this case) to "fail to refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or to otherwise discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions or privileges or employment, because of such individual's race, color, RELIGION, sex or national origin."

    The problem is the president loves to abuse our laws in any way that fits his personal agenda. Protecting Christians is clearly not part of his agenda.
    Well said Brother, well said!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I'm sorry, did you really just say, in your own words, that without religion you can't be a good person?

    Damn, I guess Mark Twain, Thomas Edison, Stephen Hawking, Sigmund Freud, Marie Curie, and thousands of other scientists, philanthropists, and all around good people must've actually been total ******** then.

    A moral compass in no way relies upon the belief in some mythical deity. Yes, some people get it from that, but to say that your faith is the only possible thing to base your morals on is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. The bible has some good lessons I it, I'm one of the few atheists I know that have read the thing from cover to cover. But IMO, believing everything you read in in the bible because somebody said to, is like believing everything you read on the Internet.

    BTW, I'm a French Model. Bon Jour.
    You guys really miss the point so completely. What is so damned difficult with you trying to understand that when you were 2 years old that you were a selfish psychotic heathen. You had to be instructed on selflessness and goodness. I ask you who was the first instructor. It wasn't you. Your problem is that you have difficulty when it is pointed out to you that you are not god except to yourself. Where the hell did morality come from? You, your friggin ancestors, the apes you evolved from. Just where? A two year old child in a candy shop? Contrary to your socialism class in college...you were not born good. Neither was mark twain. Hawking is a bit of a fruitcake in my humble opinion. ********...I did not know them. But if they also thought they were god then they were, like you, also mistaken.

  8. Would it surprise anyone that I'm already on Mars because of Spirit and Opportunity rovers? Didn't think so.

    Would it surprise anyone that I believe something greater than ourselves, our collective knowledge, our human condition and our inability to comprehend is out there? Didn't think so.

    All of our human ignorance has pitted religion and science against each other, to the detriment of both. This isn't a contest to see who wins. It disgusts me when religious and non religious discussions turn into the inevitable "there is a God, there isn't a God" flame war. We may do better than this. We're all humans with different beliefs. That's what makes us unique. Live, and let live.

  9. You join the military you live by the rules set forth. As far as morals those who hold a book above all else are also the ones who claim their morals as stated by ( insert religion ) are the only right ones and all other will go to a very bad place for eternity. Faith gives morals not meaning but consequences. One can be a moral person ( morals vary with place and time ) and not have any faith. I went to a funeral of a very nice lady my wife had known sense childhood the preacher spent the whole time up on the pulpit not talking about how good a person she was or those she helped of the five great kids she raised. Nope he talked about how she was a "subservient" woman who knew her place!

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Would it surprise anyone that I'm already on Mars because of Spirit and Opportunity rovers? Didn't think so.

    Would it surprise anyone that I believe something greater than ourselves, our collective knowledge, our human condition and our inability to comprehend is out there? Didn't think so.

    All of our human ignorance has pitted religion and science against each other, to the detriment of both. This isn't a contest to see who wins. It disgusts me when religious and non religious discussions turn into the inevitable "there is a God, there isn't a God" flame war. We may do better than this. We're all humans with different beliefs. That's what makes us unique. Live, and let live.
    Gee, how is the landscape up there? Have you seen any little red or green men yet? Would it also surprise you to know that there are many of us who believe in a higher power and do so love to have discussions about this higher power? Personally, I love to have discussions about religion and enjoy the repartee with those who claim to have no belief whatsoever. I sort of look at it this way, they need the help and I need the practice in offering help. Who knows, maybe a word here or there will be the impetus to starting someone on the right path toward acceptance of God. If not, I will have at least had the opportunity to expose them to the Bible and it's contents. I know these discussions have caused me to read the Koran (Quran?) to verify some claims about Islam and it has given me an understanding of how Muslims have misinterpreted their own holy book and become so radical in their beliefs and actions. To some, Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace but, in practice, is anything but. Christianity has to take it's lumps also because of some of the misguided practices over the years but we still struggle to get it right. For a Christian, the Bible says to "...earnestly contend for the faith." That is what most of us try to do without flaming anyone but, sometimes, maybe a word or two gets under someone's skin. Rather than getting upset, the person should examine himself to see exactly what caused their heartburn. Could it be that sometimes the truth hurts? I don't take offense at atheists when they come on here. Some post comments that will keep you on your toes. That will make you even stronger in your faith.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I love to have discussions about religion and enjoy the repartee with those who claim to have no belief whatsoever. I sort of look at it this way, they need the help and I need the practice in offering help.
    This is what I was speaking of. Our way is the only way and we must help you who are not as smart as us do it the right way. If you however tell us we are wrong or can not do what we want you are a bigoted evil atheist and will go to hell forever unless we convert you first. Because we are not allowed to kill you for not believing anymore!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast