Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment....

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment???

I "Strongly Object" to Obama Being President!!!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment???

I "Strongly Object" to Obama Being President!!!
    And all his Chicago Mob ilk and like minded there with him! The bunch of them are a waste of skin! imHo

Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment....-messagetobarack.jpg
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

4. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Gee, how is the landscape up there?
    Har! The landscape is treacherous, the planet is uninhabitable. I am up there already because two gold DVDs with my information (and countless others) have been laid on the landing sights, and probably will be covered by rock, dust, or obliterated by meteorites long before any space travelers in the far distant future discover them and throw them in their garbage receptacles as cosmic litter from the former and long gone inhabitants of earth. Leaving our trash in the cosmos is only an extension of our practice on earth.

5. OK, as long as people love to label us as angry, there is a grain of truth (at a a minimum) in that. Here's why: Greta Christina's Blog: Atheists and Anger

(try not to let the profanity get in the way of the substance)

I just read her article and several more referenced there. Contrary to being offended, I found the articles quite interesting and gave me a view from the opposing side. She is an articulate woman (even with lacing profanity in the work), obviously homosexual and an ardent crusader for atheism. She believes anger is necessary to promote atheism and seems to be angry if Christians, Jews or whatever are as vocal about their own religions. I don't get angry when having a discussion with an atheist. As a matter of fact, I truly feel for them because, in my religious tenets, they are so misguided and in danger of losing the soul they don't seem to realize they have. I can't force my religion on them, nor do I want to. Religion is a personal choice (as is atheism)and an acceptance of God in one's own way. When the occasion arises, however, and a religious v. atheism discussion starts, I feel compelled to make my opinions known and, when I do, I like to give a Biblical reference to enforce my belief. I consider the Bible to be somewhat of an Instruction Manual to use as a rule and guide for my life. Of course, there are those who look upon the Bible as some old dusty book containing myths so they will naturally miss the connections I use. The amazing thing I find about the Bible is that it seems to have an answer for every argument one can bring up about our activities. But then again, that only confuses some with facts which they can not refute, even after thousands of years. Pretty good book to me and extremely accurate even to modern days. I wouldn't go so far as to label atheists as angry. There is an interesting comparison to be made here which I once heard about using profanity, "Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcefully." Maybe the atheist, as the author of the article, needs both profanity and anger to get her message across. Fortunately, there are some on here who have expressed their atheistic views without the necessity of being crude. With those, I find repartee much more interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    How do you explain the vehement and often violent resistance to criticism of Mohammed?
    Christians burned people at the stake for refuting popular christian belief for almost 800 years. how do you explain that? "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." ignorance becomes you. oldgrunt, I will just assume youre a crotchety angry old fart and place the blame on your incontinence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Gee, how is the landscape up there? Have you seen any little red or green men yet? Would it also surprise you to know that there are many of us who believe in a higher power and do so love to have discussions about this higher power? Personally, I love to have discussions about religion and enjoy the repartee with those who claim to have no belief whatsoever. I sort of look at it this way, they need the help and I need the practice in offering help. Who knows, maybe a word here or there will be the impetus to starting someone on the right path toward acceptance of God. If not, I will have at least had the opportunity to expose them to the Bible and it's contents. I know these discussions have caused me to read the Koran (Quran?) to verify some claims about Islam and it has given me an understanding of how Muslims have misinterpreted their own holy book and become so radical in their beliefs and actions. To some, Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace but, in practice, is anything but. Christianity has to take it's lumps also because of some of the misguided practices over the years but we still struggle to get it right. For a Christian, the Bible says to "...earnestly contend for the faith." That is what most of us try to do without flaming anyone but, sometimes, maybe a word or two gets under someone's skin. Rather than getting upset, the person should examine himself to see exactly what caused their heartburn. Could it be that sometimes the truth hurts? I don't take offense at atheists when they come on here. Some post comments that will keep you on your toes. That will make you even stronger in your faith.
    you mean to say "some muslims". 2/3 the planet is muslim, yet 1% are terrorists like the 1% rotten apple rate of every religion and you just lump us all together. how very eloquent.

I actually find it humorous how obtuse people become when attempting to sound intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    OK, as long as people love to label us as angry, there is a grain of truth (at a a minimum) in that. Here's why: Greta Christina's Blog: Atheists and Anger

(try not to let the profanity get in the way of the substance)
    She's so angry, about so much, how does she have time to do anything else? geeez! That kind of anger, in that quantity, will color the rest of her life. Just keeping track of it all would be so time consuming. But I guess everyone needs a hobby. ymmv
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Gee, how is the landscape up there? Have you seen any little red or green men yet? Would it also surprise you to know that there are many of us who believe in a higher power and do so love to have discussions about this higher power? Personally, I love to have discussions about religion and enjoy the repartee with those who claim to have no belief whatsoever. I sort of look at it this way, they need the help and I need the practice in offering help. Who knows, maybe a word here or there will be the impetus to starting someone on the right path toward acceptance of God. If not, I will have at least had the opportunity to expose them to the Bible and it's contents. I know these discussions have caused me to read the Koran (Quran?) to verify some claims about Islam and it has given me an understanding of how Muslims have misinterpreted their own holy book and become so radical in their beliefs and actions. To some, Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace but, in practice, is anything but. Christianity has to take it's lumps also because of some of the misguided practices over the years but we still struggle to get it right. For a Christian, the Bible says to "...earnestly contend for the faith." That is what most of us try to do without flaming anyone but, sometimes, maybe a word or two gets under someone's skin. Rather than getting upset, the person should examine himself to see exactly what caused their heartburn. Could it be that sometimes the truth hurts? I don't take offense at atheists when they come on here. Some post comments that will keep you on your toes. That will make you even stronger in your faith.
    you mean to say "some muslims". 2/3 the planet is muslim, yet 1% are terrorists like the 1% rotten apple rate of every religion and you just lump us all together. how very eloquent.

I actually find it humorous how obtuse people become when attempting to sound intelligent.

11. This is so funny because the other week I seen that he was promoting Abortion, Hmmm, funny it's okay to get on troops for the Gospels but not abortion. Okay, I can see where this is going.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast