Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment.... - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment....

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Gunner I see and understand you. It's the last about time that I don't agree with or rather "like".
    Might I inquire why you don't like the last bit? To me, it's simple... You see, if we are to say that time itself existed before existence, than that would mean that existence had already existed. Make sense? Seconds, minutes, hours and light years are all a creation of the human mind... what we refer to as time is an ever expanding, singular moment growing at the same pace as the universe. It is not XX years old, in a literal sense... only expanded. The space-time theory states, basically, that time was created at the moment of existence. It had to be, otherwise... we haven't found the "nothing" moment yet, as we like to refer to it. One can't be without the other... there can be no time without the universe and no universe without the time. We associate time like a timeline... a horizontal line with dates from A to Z. This isn't how the universe operates, the universe isn't a singular plain of events, but rather a rapidly expanding sphere (basically) where the energy released plays out its parts. Thus, time must actually be thought of as expanding... not passing. Our explanations of age are for us and us alone. The universe has no use to know how 'old' it is... that's useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Might I inquire why you don't like the last bit? To me, it's simple... You see, if we are to say that time itself existed before existence, than that would mean that existence had already existed. Make sense? Seconds, minutes, hours and light years are all a creation of the human mind... what we refer to as time is an ever expanding, singular moment growing at the same pace as the universe. It is not XX years old, in a literal sense... only expanded. The space-time theory states, basically, that time was created at the moment of existence. It had to be, otherwise... we haven't found the "nothing" moment yet, as we like to refer to it. One can't be without the other... there can be no time without the universe and no universe without the time. We associate time like a timeline... a horizontal line with dates from A to Z. This isn't how the universe operates, the universe isn't a singular plain of events, but rather a rapidly expanding sphere (basically) where the energy released plays out its parts. Thus, time must actually be thought of as expanding... not passing. Our explanations of age are for us and us alone. The universe has no use to know how 'old' it is... that's useless.
    ~snip~
    man created the idea of time. Time is a singular moment, ever expanding with the universe. Seconds don't exist..

~snip~
    I see where your going with your statement about "man created the idea of time and your right. Man certainly set up the rules of measurement of time. The passing and expanding moment of time and seconds don't exist are mans creation.
    Thanks for explaining that, I now understand what you mean by singular moment ever expanding. But I just don't think there is much difference in "time passing". If time isn't made of of small moments then from the creation til now is one long moment!
    But Gunner I had no idea you were such a deep thinker. I'm happy to know this about you. It gives your personality more depth.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I see where your going with your statement about "man created the idea of time and your right. Man certainly set up the rules of measurement of time. The passing and expanding moment of time and seconds don't exist are mans creation.
    Thanks for explaining that, I now understand what you mean by singular moment ever expanding. But I just don't think there is much difference in "time passing". If time isn't made of of small moments then from the creation til now is one long moment!
    But Gunner I had no idea you were such a deep thinker. I'm happy to know this about you. It gives your personality more depth.
    I appeciate the compliment, that's how I take it anyway. Quantum mechanics can be a total mind-f*ck, but it's the most fascinating subject I've ever come across. The amazing thing about it all, is the laws we percieve that contain our universe could be completely void in another one. If you think the multiverse theory has merit, we could be a universe within a universe and our laws might not work in another. The way I look at it, the theory is possible. Why would existence only have one set of laws allowing it to be? The possibilities are turly endless and in this sense... everything, everywhere is immortal. Our energy is stored and released in different forms at different times in different places... in what we could refer to as a billion years ago or infinity years in the 'future'.

You should look into the theory of expanding and collapsing universes. The only potential energy forcing the universe to expand is extreme heat, but the universe is cooling... a cooling universe becomes a collapsing one, given enough 'time'. The process could then start all over again after matter and anti-matter become dense enough to expand again. Much like a white dworf becoming a black hole over and over agin. Fascinating.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

EXACTLY! This is the conclusion I've come too. You must read the same articles I do. To think I'd run across a person who reads the same far out stuff I do. Fascinating!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Why would existence only have one set of laws allowing it to be?
    Well obviously because that's a real convenient way of looking at it if you are a control-freak religious nutbag.

Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Well obviously because that's a real convenient way of looking at it if you are a control-freak religious nutbag.
    Wow, that's harsh man...

Originally Posted by kwimby
    Wow, that's harsh man...
    That's because kwimby isn't a "appreciate your view point" kind of guy.

Wow, that's harsh man...
    When Kwimby was seven years old, he found out there was no Santa Claus and he has been mad ever since.

10. Quantum mechanics/physics proves how little we know about anything. It also boggles my mind what little we do know about subatomic particles.

I've always been a cynic who believed based on the "if I may see it, it must be real" philosophy. That's worked well for me on large targets (no pun intended).

Wish I were not so old that witnessing unimaginable discoveries were a possibility. I want to see manipulation of the fabric of space/time, allow us to discover multiple universes up close and personal, if theory is to be believed.

For now, the universal void between my ears is the only thing I may manipulate, with some difficulty.

One of the most revered Quantum Theory physicists once said that the moment you think you've completely understood the subject, you know you have no idea what you're doing.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast