Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment.... - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment....

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Quantum mechanics/physics proves how little we know about anything. It also boggles my mind what little we do know about subatomic particles.

I've always been a cynic who believed based on the "if I may see it, it must be real" philosophy. That's worked well for me on large targets (no pun intended).

Wish I were not so old that witnessing unimaginable discoveries were a possibility. I want to see manipulation of the fabric of space/time, allow us to discover multiple universes up close and personal, if theory is to be believed.

For now, the universal void between my ears is the only thing I may manipulate, with some difficulty.
    Don't worry about being a cynic. George Bernard Shaw said, "What is the use of straining after an amiable view of things, when a cynical view is most like to be the true one?" With age, one becomes unable to manipulate that void between one's ears and has to learn to just sit back and watch what happens at a rapid pace. We will see a new universe soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    We will see a new universe soon enough.
    Yes "WE" will OG. But they won't.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

I don't limit my God on anything. I believe he set all things in motion and that means all the rules of this and any other universe/s. Wither macro or micro. All is his work and will. even the evolution of man and/or space
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    . All is his work and will. even the evolution of man and/or space
    All is His work and will. Even the "CREATION" of man/or space.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    All is His work and will. Even the "CREATION" of man/or space.
    I approve this message.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Makes sense to me, who else could tip the first domino? I'm open minded guys, you should know that by now. I like to think I'm an agnostic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Yes "WE" will OG. But they won't.
    Put in a good word for me, Ringo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

9. Latest development in case anybody is still interested: Activists mount new campaign for servicemembers? religious freedom - News - Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Latest development in case anybody is still interested: Activists mount new campaign for servicemembers? religious freedom - News - Stripes
    Sounds like the Defense Department has the level head on this one.

From the posted article:
    “In general, servicemembers may share their faith with other servicemembers, but may not forcibly attempt to convert others of any faith or no faith to their own beliefs,” he said. “Servicemembers can share their faith, but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one’s beliefs.
    Of course this won't satisfy the zealots.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post

As Christians we need to accept God's Word for what it says, from the beginning to the end. If the plain sense makes sense, don't look for any other sense, or you'll end up with nonsense. God knows how to communicate. He wants to communicate.
    Yep that is correct BLIND unquestioning faith in a book penned by MAN edited and re-edited by MAN. Amazingly enough the majority stories that where used where around almost FOUR THOUSAND years prior to the bible in African/ Egyptian texts almost verbatim. Blind faith requires no understating, thought or intelligence just simple obedience to a book. Lucky for us we live in a country founded on the freedom to believe what you want. Unlike the Europe we left where you believed what those the interpreted the book said or they killed you.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast