2 new members..POP-SMOKE!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 new members..POP-SMOKE!

Smile 2 new members..POP-SMOKE!

USA Carry social group Veterans and Guns welcomes two new members to the group today: 23 Aug 08. Your input will only make us better and give USA Carry's armed Veterans a voice in a lingo we 'brothers in arms' understand in any acronym!
    If I can help in any way please post it to the group, or send me private mail using USA Carry's internal mail system. What goes on privately between U and me stays off this forum. Please check our common sense charter, it is the post I put up dated 05-15-2008 and covers how to keep us legal, up, running and growing! Welcome on-board Skindad88 and Glock Fan . You bring with you years of knowledge in your own areas of expertise as ex-active duty and now proud U.S. Veterans!
    ****! I have enough for a good fire team now with 9 members, so what shall we raid first? I got it, all the gun shops B 4 Obamination shuts them down. (JK!) Not really theft, just 'liberating' useful weapons back into responsible hands B 4 they get melted down into plough-shears!!
    Regards,

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 08-23-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Polish-up.

A little bit about myself, I served 8 years in the Marine Corps. I'm a Desert Storm Vet. Currently have a disability rating of 80 percent from the VA. I work the the State of Nevada as an Investigator. My duty weapon is a Glock 23 but that will change to a Glock 22c this week after I can get the Glock out of layaway.

HItoLV

Thanks for sharing HItoLV,
    80% is a good rating, try 2 keep it & your investigator job too if poss. If you get re-looked & C & P-ed to 100% then make that decision: your job or V.A. care/cash. They will not let you keep both. U don't rate retirement @ 8 yrs in, but prolly qualify for CRDP and SSDI, so do the math. IMHO you are right where you need to be, just hope U got a 0% on PTSD, don't reply to that in open forum, read-up my past G2 on the 'new rating standards' and U will know why. Thanks for popping smoke and get that Glock back ASAP.
    Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Canis-Lupus,

I only have a couple of good years of left in me due to my disability. I'm only 40, but I will apply for SSDI when I no longer can work.

Semper Fi
    HItoLV

SSDI Tip.

HItoLV I checked out your photos, nice collection, funny how a lot of Vets get out & buy an AK-47, I guess it's because it is one of the best assualt rifles made. I think your idea to keep going until your health makes you too sick to work is a good one. I hope you can join or have joined theAmerican Legion, one very good reason is come the time U apply for SSDI if you ask them they will appoint a para-legal to represent U at the hearing in the court for free. I wasn't even @ court when mine was approved, the AL rep was with all my paperwork showing how FUBAR I was. It was granted in 15-mins! I do recommend you start collecting supportive documents now from doctors, bosses, co-workers and folks who can give you an objective view of your failing health, which is gold-dust come your hearing day for SSDI. I tried 3 times myself and got nowehere until I called upon the Am Leg to help, they put all my paperwork into legal jargon and after 3 years of denials, it flew right throuh no probs, I got a retro 'Date of onset' to my 1st application (3 years earlier) which came in as one 5-figure check that saved my ass. The more substansiating parers you can get from people who count, not friends but folks who evaluate your work, health or overall ability to hold down a job, the better your chances of getting SSDI will be, it a full award, not a % like a V.A. award is, U either get that $1,200 a month or you don't. Once you do get it, don't have anyone with a video-tape of U digging ditches or mounds or snow, they do have folks who thankfully go around to ensure U are in fact disabled, 25 y/o shammers with full SSDI and leading normal active lives with a 'neck-brace' pain when they show up in court piss me off, they are defrauding the government and know it. So be disabled and stay that way! I sent you a similar message as this to U earlier, but when I hit send it vanished, so here goes version 2 of the same advice. Also when U get it apply for disabled plates for your car from your State, no more feeding parking meters and convenient parking if you ever need it, no annual lisensing fees and lots more benefits to having them which you get thru your DOL showing them your SSDI disability award letter. Just in case I am sending U a copy of this private mailk too. I don't trust the new poosting system USA Carry hgas yet, already ate a few of my posts to patrons!
    Good luck and Semper-Fidelis..

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 08-25-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Touch-up.

I also am a USMC vet of 8 years. I got out right after they lifted the stop loss, after my unit got back from the Iraq/kuwait in '05. I was left in charge of our support unit of our shop, so I missed out on the deployment. Now I work on an USAF base. I work as a Calibration/PMEL/TMDE technician. 30% disabled.
    Nothing sexy, but still made the commitment.

Bundeswehrvet here!
    Army Green 1976-1996
    Korea in 17th Infantry and 7th Cavalry
    Rucker twice
    Ft. Lewis in 77th Armor
    Germany with 11th Armored Cav, 7th TAACOM and I. German Korps
    Leavenworth and Alaska
    Defense Contractor in Hohenfels, Wuerzburg, Heidleberg, Kaiserslautern, Mosul, Balad and now in Virginia

Garand Collector's Association
    NRA Life
    17th Infantry Regiment
    Blackhorse Association
    Lafayette Gun Club
    Voter

That about covers it...

Guten Tag Herr Bundeswehrvet.
    Something about you tells me you went native in Germany! I admit it, I did, got there in 77 as an E-2 missing the USA BAD, hating every 'Rad, 3 years later I was living off post mit mien frauline, und T.V. wast ZDF, news Das Spiegel, und Volksmarching vas mein liber. I cried the day they put me back on a plane to the 'World' I did NOT want to leave the best place I ever found and had gone way beyond native, shiser ict wast ein Etlinger, in das Schwartwald, sere schoen Baden Wurtenburg! I liber Bayern und abrieten Graf, Hoenfels, und Vilsec, but a 3 day pass in Nurenberg at the Wall made up for those 30 day 'fun times' looking at the Bear acrross the DMZ's. SMLM's oder smell'em's were everywhere, archlucks! I left my heart in the (old) FRG, then I heard thru medics who came back after I was state-side that after the Wall came down so did the wonder of Deutchland, nicht gud Oesterlicht Deuchts commen mit gross crime und drugs! Wilcommen mein friund (I know I speak it fleuent but my writing/spelling needs lots of work). Trained with the Bundeswher on most ops, for conscripts they were the best in all of NATO, proud und professional.
    Teus,

Canis-Lupus
    Last edited by Canis-Lupus; 09-14-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Well semi-native

Working at Hohenfels gave me the opportunity to take the required classwork and examination to obtain my lifetime Bavarian fishing license and even harder, my Waffenbesitzkarte. No expiration on it either. Heaven on earth is any Franconia Jagd store, makes Cabella's and Bass Pro look like a 7-11! Wanted to get my Jagdschein as well, but went to Iraq instead and never had the time upon return to take the training. Rod and Guns are about the thing of the past....I visited the Baumholder R & G in 1978, was a member in Fulda, in northern Germany and in Kitzingen. Bought some great firearms at some really good prices. When I left in 2004, rod and guns were all down to Heidleberg and K'town.....a sad decline. Time to leave when it's no longer fun. Talk about the one that got away....in the mid-90's under the Clinton administration, the importation ban went in against assault rifles. Someone at USAREUR decided that applied to Ruger Mini-14's....Stars and Stripes did an article that the Wildflecken Rod and Gun was stuck with a bunch, and were selling'em for around $150, warning that folks couldn't take them back to CONUS.....then about a week later, USAREUR got revised guidance and reimporting Mini 14's was OK....wanna guess how fast they sold for at $150 before the price was "adjusted" for market conditions?

hello, i'm disabled army,13yrs, active duty. 10yrs. as areo-scout/crew cheif/gunner/navigator/areo-scout section sgt. with 197th inf.(ft.benning),1/11acr.(fulda gap west germany)6th air cav(ft.hood), 3yrs as battalion n.b.c n.c.o. 5th. sig bn.(manheim west germany) 197th inf.(ft. benning) served from 23jan.1974-12feb.1987.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast