Army man's lost ring

Thread: Army man's lost ring

Army man's lost ring

I need to see if I can get this little story shared. About 2 weeks ago, myself and other Truck Drivers with the company I drive for had stopped at a Rest Area In Kansas. This Family with a young man dressed In Army Blues stopped at the Rest Area, a older couple, a lady about 30/40, and a little girl 5/6 and the young army man. After using the Rest Room, they left. One of our guys went into the Rest Room and found where the Young Man had taken his Army Ring Off to wash his hands and left it laying on the sink. We stayed at the Rest Area for about 30 minutes to see if maybe the family would realize that he had left it and came back to get it, but they never did. Would love for this guy to get his Ring back, so the more shares this story gets, maybe just maybe somebody some where might know this guy. I have the Ring, so all anybody needs to do is get a hold of me on here, or email me at [email protected].
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Maybe you need to call the State Police station for that area and let them know that you have it and give them your ph nbr.

Army man's lost ring

It's a good thing you're trying to do but I doubt anything will come of it. If by "Army ring" you mean one of those gimmicky things they try to sell you right after boot camp along with "moto pics" where they have you put on combat gear and pose in front of a green screen then I doubt he'll even go looking for it. They're just another way to suck money out of all the naive boots. It's not like it was a MoH.

Now if I'm mistaken and this is some sort of vintage WWII heirloom type ring, by all means please continue your prospects good sir.

If he was wearing dress blues, he was a Marine. That could change the direction you look.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    If he was wearing dress blues, he was a Marine. That could change the direction you look.
    The army calls their dress uniform dress blues too. And I'm assuming opsec is a vet so if he can't tell the difference between Marine and Army dress blues something is wrong.

The US Army no longer issues Army Dress Greens, they switched to a dress blue uniform, similar to the greens, but blue with yellow cordage. They switched a couple years after I got out of boot.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I need to see if I can get this little story shared. About 2 weeks ago, myself and other Truck Drivers with the company I drive for had stopped at a Rest Area In Kansas. This Family with a young man dressed In Army Blues stopped at the Rest Area, a older couple, a lady about 30/40, and a little girl 5/6 and the young army man. After using the Rest Room, they left. One of our guys went into the Rest Room and found where the Young Man had taken his Army Ring Off to wash his hands and left it laying on the sink. We stayed at the Rest Area for about 30 minutes to see if maybe the family would realize that he had left it and came back to get it, but they never did. Would love for this guy to get his Ring back, so the more shares this story gets, maybe just maybe somebody some where might know this guy. I have the Ring, so all anybody needs to do is get a hold of me on here, or email me at [email protected].
    Why wouldn't you leave it with the person in charge at the rest area, or turn it in to the police in case this particular rest area isn't manned? So, let me get this straight you kept the ring, knowing it belongs to someone else, and hoping on a wish and a prayer someone that knows this guy also subscribes to this forum and will see your post? If I had lost my ring, and then remembered I left it in the bathroom of the rest stop, the first place I'd contact would be the rest stop, and then the police. Now this guy will contact the rest stop and/or the police and they won't know a blessed thing... but hopefully someone will know he lost it and see your post.

I applaud your intent, but this has got to be one of the most absurd things I've heard someone do.

Also, wouldn't you want to post a few more details, such as what interstate you were on (Kansas is a huge state). I'm not saying give enough details that you get 100's of people claiming it is theirs, but enough to let the true owner know that this must be theirs.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

The Army's dress uniform is blue now. The green uniform was canned a while back.