Oscar Rodriguez Removed from Air Force Retirement Ceremony - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oscar Rodriguez Removed from Air Force Retirement Ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    I doubt you fools will ever realize and accept the fact that we live in a secular society for good reason. Your zealous faith-based dementia puts you in the same camp as Muslim extremists. THAT and THAT ALONE is the root cause for the chaos and violence afflicting the world today.

Hope you're proud of yourselves.
    I doesn't matter, because unless you will become a Muslim, you are going to die by their hand. That will be your only choice convert or dye. they don't care what you do or don't believe in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    I doubt you fools will ever realize and accept the fact that we live in a secular society for good reason. Your zealous faith-based dementia puts you in the same camp as Muslim extremists. THAT and THAT ALONE is the root cause for the chaos and violence afflicting the world today.

Hope you're proud of yourselves.
    Absolutely, we are proud. From the moment we entered the service we swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the oath was followed by, "So help me God." Our society may be called secular and some things have no religious or spiritual basis but, for us, we swore to God, which gave our service a religious aspect and had particular meaning to us. If you bothered to watch the videos, you would have noticed that this ceremony had been held previously and recited by SMSGT Rodriguez. His colleague, also a retiring SMSGT specifically asked that he perform the ceremony at his retirement and to which he agreed. What should have been a fitting farewell to a retiring service member was turned into a three-ring circus by a commander who was out of line and by the NCOs who showed total disrespect for their own members. That is not the military I remember and not one that I would recommend to a young person today. To compare religious people to Muslim extremists shows how little you know about either Christians or Muslims. I would highly recommend you learn the difference before the Muslims become much more active in our country and you become just another infidel that they hate.

These are the oaths taken when entering the service (or were) when I entered. I don't know if they have been changed today or not to omit any reference to God.
    The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

These are the oaths taken when entering the service (or were) when I entered. I don't know if they have been changed today or not to omit any reference to God.
    The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

You will notice these oaths have no expiration dates attached.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12