M39 - EMR 7.62mm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: M39 - EMR 7.62mm

  1. #1

    M39 - EMR 7.62mm

    Got my hands on a M39 today. Didn't get to shoot it...hopefully in the near future. The unit is trying to figure out who gets is.

    It was beautiful


    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)

    M39 components
    Type Sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle
    Place of origin United States
    Service history
    In service 2008-present
    Wars Iraq War
    Production history
    Manufacturer United States Marine Corps
    Unit cost $3,930.17 USD
    Specifications
    Weight 7.5 kg (16.5 lb)
    Length 1,120 mm (44.2 in)
    Cartridge 7.62x51mm NATO
    Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
    Rate of fire 60 rpm
    Muzzle velocity 865 m/s (2,837 ft/s)
    Effective range 770m (850 yd)
    Feed system 20-round detachable box magazine

    The M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR, NSN 1005-01-553-5196; more formally the Rifle, 7.62 MM, M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)) is a semi-automatic, gas-operated rifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. It is a modified and accurized version of the M14 rifle built and utilized solely by the United States Marine Corps (USMC). It is based on the current U.S. Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), which it will replace.

    As of October 2008 the weapon has seen limited use in Afghanistan by US Army cavalry scouts operating in the Hindu Kush Mtns.[citation needed]

    The rifle is currently issued with match-grade M118LR 175-grain Long Range ammunition. The "basic" EMR (i.e., without telescopic sight, magazine, sling, basic issue items, cleaning gear, suppressor and bipod) weighs 13 pounds (5.9 kg) or less.

    It has a resemblance to the United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle.
    Contents
    [hide]

    * 1 Specifications
    * 2 Applications
    * 3 See also
    * 4 References

    [edit] Specifications

    There are several notable differences between the DMR and EMR.

    * Stock: the metal stock is adjustable in length and in height to provide a more precise cheek weld. The pistol grip is modified for a better grip.
    * Optics: The MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail allows for the use of any optic compatible with the rail; this includes a rather large variety of military scopes and imaging devices. The M8541 Scout Sniper Day Scope (SSDS), originally designed for the M40A3, is issued with the rifle as a set.
    * Bipod: A Harris S-L bipod is used on the USMC DMR, but a modified version is used on the EMR to be more durable.

    [edit] Applications

    The EMR is primarily used by a designated marksman, to provide precision fire for units that do not rate a Scout Sniper. As a replacement for the DMR, the EMR fills the need for a lightweight, accurate weapon system utilizing a cartridge more powerful than the M16A4's standard 5.56x45mm NATO—the 7.62x51mm NATO. The EMR also sees use from Marine Scout Sniper when the mission requires rapid accurate fire. The EMR is also used by the Marine Corps Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams.

    [edit]

  2.   
  3. #2
    I will give you fiddy bucks for it
    -Austin

  4. #3
    Very nice ! I've completed my own M39 clone which I just got back from Smith Enterprise. Here's a revised pic with the Simrad cap and tan handguard in place.


  5. #4
    I won't have enough to pick up one of these in time for dear season.

  6. #5
    Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle

    Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Get the nomenclature right if your going to talk about a Military weapon.

  7. #6
    hold on their high speed you might want to check your dope....M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.not to mention the op posted that he got his info from wiki anyways

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelslaying101 View Post
    Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle

    Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Get the nomenclature right if your going to talk about a Military weapon.
    Reading the original post I believe this was mentioned somewhere in there.
    "It has a resemblance to the United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle."
    Might want to read the entire post before jumping in with an opinion.
    I didn't know what either of them were but do now.
    [

  9. Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter1-3 View Post
    hold on their high speed you might want to check your dope....
    ROFL

    I don't often get cracked up reading this site, but this one got me.

  10. #9
    glad somebody got the intended humor in that lol.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter Mike View Post
    Got my hands on a M39 today. Didn't get to shoot it...hopefully in the near future. The unit is trying to figure out who gets is.

    It was beautiful


    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)

    M39 components
    Type Sniper rifle/designated marksman rifle
    Place of origin United States
    Service history
    In service 2008-present
    Wars Iraq War
    Production history
    Manufacturer United States Marine Corps
    Unit cost $3,930.17 USD
    Specifications
    Weight 7.5 kg (16.5 lb)
    Length 1,120 mm (44.2 in)
    Cartridge 7.62x51mm NATO
    Action Gas-operated, rotating bolt
    Rate of fire 60 rpm
    Muzzle velocity 865 m/s (2,837 ft/s)
    Effective range 770m (850 yd)
    Feed system 20-round detachable box magazine

    The M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR, NSN 1005-01-553-5196; more formally the Rifle, 7.62 MM, M39 Enhanced Marksman Rifle (EMR)) is a semi-automatic, gas-operated rifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. It is a modified and accurized version of the M14 rifle built and utilized solely by the United States Marine Corps (USMC). It is based on the current U.S. Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), which it will replace.

    As of October 2008 the weapon has seen limited use in Afghanistan by US Army cavalry scouts operating in the Hindu Kush Mtns.[citation needed]

    The rifle is currently issued with match-grade M118LR 175-grain Long Range ammunition. The "basic" EMR (i.e., without telescopic sight, magazine, sling, basic issue items, cleaning gear, suppressor and bipod) weighs 13 pounds (5.9 kg) or less.

    It has a resemblance to the United States Navy Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle.
    Contents
    [hide]

    * 1 Specifications
    * 2 Applications
    * 3 See also
    * 4 References

    [edit] Specifications

    There are several notable differences between the DMR and EMR.

    * Stock: the metal stock is adjustable in length and in height to provide a more precise cheek weld. The pistol grip is modified for a better grip.
    * Optics: The MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail allows for the use of any optic compatible with the rail; this includes a rather large variety of military scopes and imaging devices. The M8541 Scout Sniper Day Scope (SSDS), originally designed for the M40A3, is issued with the rifle as a set.
    * Bipod: A Harris S-L bipod is used on the USMC DMR, but a modified version is used on the EMR to be more durable.

    [edit] Applications

    The EMR is primarily used by a designated marksman, to provide precision fire for units that do not rate a Scout Sniper. As a replacement for the DMR, the EMR fills the need for a lightweight, accurate weapon system utilizing a cartridge more powerful than the M16A4's standard 5.56x45mm NATO—the 7.62x51mm NATO. The EMR also sees use from Marine Scout Sniper when the mission requires rapid accurate fire. The EMR is also used by the Marine Corps Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams.

    [edit]
    Are you in the service by chance? I am in the Army and have been for 14 1/2 years. This weapon system came out from TACOM RI as an interim solution for mid range engagements. This weapon system is the (EBR)! Enhanced Battle Rifle. This SOB is seriously front heavy and awkward to carry and not very user friendly. Not trying to pic and argument just state the facts. Take care man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast