Vets and concealed carry fees.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vets and concealed carry fees.

Vets and concealed carry fees.

I had a thought when I applied for my C&R. Police, and other active and retired law enforcement personell get their fees waived and renewal fees waived. My thought was, why not active duty, Retired and Honorably discharged vets get that same break? I am all for paying for the initial background check as this does require time and effort. The regular fees however in my opinion for the above mentioned should be the same as law enforcements.
    Agree? Disagree? What do you think?

I agree! At least in SC as long as you have a service connected disability through the VA the permit fees are waved.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

yeah, most active duty service members have put more rounds that any two police officers, and certainly more than most FF'ers
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Some States do waive the fees, all you pay for is the back ground, fingerprints, and photos if required. And here is another good thought, for all you vetrans, how many times have you been fingerprinted in your career. It should only take one or two fingers to verify who you are, your prints are already in the National Data Base.

United States Constitution, Amendment 14, Section 1 (in part):

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

If anyone has their fees waived because they are a particular class of person, everyone should get their fees waived.

Period.

Sorry, just the "radical" libertarian in me...
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by dmase View Post
    I had a thought when I applied for my C&R. Police, and other active and retired law enforcement personell get their fees waived and renewal fees waived. My thought was, why not active duty, Retired and Honorably discharged vets get that same break? I am all for paying for the initial background check as this does require time and effort. The regular fees however in my opinion for the above mentioned should be the same as law enforcements.
    Agree? Disagree? What do you think?

So long as you don't ask "S&W" for the "Law enforcement" discount.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I don't know about GFL permit fees but veterans do get free drivers license.

Come on man you know why. We are extremist radicals. I got a vet discount at the gun club.
    As-Salamu Alaykum. It's a new beginning. Hussein, we love you, man. He Got Swagga!

Thank you for bringing me back to the world brother. I almost forgot. For a moment there I thought that we lived in my fathers America. By the way, does anyone know what the hell happened? What is so wrong with that America anyway?
    My youngest(25) said to me one day out of the blue."Dad, when you guys are gone, this place is gonna go straight to hell."
    All I could say was: We taught our values to you young man and now it is up to you to live them and teach them to your sons and daughters. All we can pray for is that there is enough of us left.

Quote Originally Posted by dmase View Post
    Thank you for bringing me back to the world brother. I almost forgot. For a moment there I thought that we lived in my fathers America. By the way, does anyone know what the hell happened? What is so wrong with that America anyway?
    My youngest(25) said to me one day out of the blue."Dad, when you guys are gone, this place is gonna go straight to hell."
    All I could say was: We taught our values to you young man and now it is up to you to live them and teach them to your sons and daughters. All we can pray for is that there is enough of us left.
    So very true! They still have a chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast