what would you do?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what would you do??

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    First off you are an idiot for getting mad at all, its obviously a fabrication, I would have just laughed at him shook my head an move on.
    it would appear to me that you have no respect at all for the military. i would have to say that you my friend are the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    ...tell him that if he ever lies about his service again that he can and will be brought up on FEDERAL CHARGES! There are laws to prevent people from claiming service that they did not endour and this guy is no exception...
    Not to minimize the degree of patheticness of Capt. Jackass, but the "Stolen Valor Act" only deals with decorations, not simply claiming that you served in the military.

Furthermore, (this is my speculation, I may be wrong) I would imagine that it's intended purpose would be to prevent such claims made to commit some other fraud, such as receiving some sort of benefit that only a medal holder would qualify for. I doubt it is to throw Capt. Jackass in the slammer for telling a BS story over a couple beers (although that distinction is not in the language.)

Again, it is no less despicable, just not a federal offense.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I wouldn't have worried about it. Just like you could tell he was full of crap, others can to. In my experience, the more you call BS, the greater their military prowess becomes, and the more frustrated you will become. I agree with the others, let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    There is a special place in Hell for people who try and take the glory for the hard work and achievements of others. Forward Captain Jackass's name any service debunking website and let the fireworks begin.

When the dust settles look at Capt Jackass and in your best I'm sorry that sucked voice...tell him that if he ever lies about his service again that he can and will be brought up on FEDERAL CHARGES! There are laws to prevent people from claiming service that they did not endour and this guy is no exception.

Letting it go only eggs it on. Confronting someone although painful for those around lets the offender know that he has entered the no spn zone and that he is on thin ice.

From here forward I would call capt jackass "specops" or "ghost" or some other special operations video game callsign I could think of.

I have no love in my heart for those that take away from those that are true professionals.

It makes all of us that served look like morons in the eyes of those that have never served.

Call a spade a spade and call a turd a turd
    what festus just said!

I would have simply said WOW you where in 'Nam when you where 12 or 13 until you where 15 or 16, I didn't know that was possible, please tell me more! Then when he left I would have shook his hand and told him to NEVER come near my house again!

Just look the guy in the eye an ask him if he really belived that lie!

the raised middle finger comes to mind, then ask him if he rembers where the doors is.

Quote Originally Posted by ADK10mm View Post
    I would have simply said WOW you where in 'Nam when you where 12 or 13 until you where 15 or 16, I didn't know that was possible, please tell me more! Then when he left I would have shook his hand and told him to NEVER come near my house again!
    Good one too!! and festus' post...beautiful man...!! beautiful come back!!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I've run into my share of bogus "War Veterans". I use a couple of lines from the movie "Falling Down". In the movie Michael Douglas is hit up in the park by some bum claiming that he's a "Vet". Michael Douglas then says to him "Oh, so you're an animal doctor?" The bum then says "no, a veteran, I was in 'Nam man". Then Michael Douglas says "What were you, a little drummer boy, you must have by 10 years old." (replace the "10" with the appropriate number).

The lines have worked like a charm. In recent years I've been running into more "Desert Storm" bogus vets'. It's sad, but I've been having to "out" these sorry bastards more and more.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

And pretty good to be one of the last ones out of saigon (apr.1975) so he could get in his 3 years!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast