what would you do??
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what would you do??

what would you do??

my wife's friend and her hubby were over the other night. we were talking bout the military. i had told him that my dad did 2 tours in nam. 1 he volunteered for. my dad was army. her husband states that he was a marine and that they had to do 3 yrs. over there. that all marines had to. grant it, officers may have had to stay longer but i thought army tour was 12 months and the marines tour was 13 months. it gets better. he said he was there from 1972 to 1975. he is only 2 1/2 years older than myself an i will be 48 this year. do the math. i am not military but have the greatest respect for all who are. my blood started to boil and was fixin to knock him out but was stopped by my wife. we have not heard from them since. been about a month now.my wife still dose not understand why i got sooooooo mad. what would you have done???

3. called ******** and let it go.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

First, Semper Fi...
    The Corps in the Nam years tours were 13 months. You could extend your tour for 6 and some times more. I knew others who did 13 months, went home for a while then back for a 2nd 13 month tour. But that was MOS dependent.
    I landed in Da Nang in Aug '68, came home in Sept '69 them Back to Da Nang until May '70. The Corps started to down size some MOS's in the early '70's and they let me out early with a Honorable Discharge on a 3yr enlistment.

I think Wolf is correct, It's BS Let it go...
    Semper Fi

yea, i wasn't planning on going any further with this. just wondering what i should have done. i think it is a shame that people think they have to claim they are veterans and fought in this or that war, conflict thats all. i know what sacrifices my father made for our freedom. he served from 1952 to 1968.

Offer to sell him some ocean front property in Nevada.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Offer to sell him some ocean front property in Nevada.
    Tell him it is Twenty-nine palms adjacent!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

So, he served in Vietnam from the time he was about 13 to 16 years old. Not bad. He was a brave kid.

Are you certain about his age??

I simply cannot imagine being so stupid as to create a story about something like military service and be so bad at calculating the time period to place it while being so young as to be totally impossible.

Sounds more like the age he has been claiming is a lie and this story caught him in that ... Can his wife count?

10. Quote Originally Posted by 73z28454 View Post
    my wife's friend and her hubby were over the other night. we were talking bout the military. i had told him that my dad did 2 tours in nam. 1 he volunteered for. my dad was army. her husband states that he was a marine and that they had to do 3 yrs. over there. that all marines had to. grant it, officers may have had to stay longer but i thought army tour was 12 months and the marines tour was 13 months. it gets better. he said he was there from 1972 to 1975. he is only 2 1/2 years older than myself an i will be 48 this year. do the math. i am not military but have the greatest respect for all who are. my blood started to boil and was fixin to knock him out but was stopped by my wife. we have not heard from them since. been about a month now.my wife still dose not understand why i got sooooooo mad. what would you have done???
    First off you are an idiot for getting mad at all, its obviously a fabrication, I would have just laughed at him shook my head an move on.

I worked with a guy years ago that was a patalogical lier. Some of the stories he would tell you would not believe but it was as though he really believed what he was saying. After had moved to a different area I had not seen him for a while I ran into him in the lunch room. He asked me if I was still running. I told him I was. He then said that he had started running. Right away a red flag goes up. This guy could not walk a mile little on run.
    Next he said " I ran my first sub 4 min, mile the other day. I don't see what is so hard about that. All you have to do is run 45 second laps." He also had a brother that had a 275 bowling average. These were just some of his wild stories. I could write a book.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast