Minnesota family robbed responding to Craigslist ad.

Thread: Minnesota family robbed responding to Craigslist ad.

1. Minnesota family robbed responding to Craigslist ad.

Minnesota family robbed responding to Craiglist ad | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

"ST. PAUL, Minn. A Minnesota man responding to a Craigslist ad to buy a car was robbed of $2,100 and his vehicle after a man pulled a gun and threatened to kill him and his family.

St. Paul police say the victim had been looking for a car for a relative when he brought $2,200 to a meeting on Thursday night.

The suspect pulled a gun on the man around the corner while his wife and 1-year-old child waited in their vehicle. The robber then made them drive about two miles before forcing the family out of the car. He gave the victim one of the $100 bills, telling him to take the bus home.

Police have not yet identified the suspect. "

Quote Originally Posted by Right U R Ken View Post

"ST. PAUL, Minn. A Minnesota man responding to a Craigslist ad to buy a car was robbed of $2,100 and his vehicle after a man pulled a gun and threatened to kill him and his family.

St. Paul police say the victim had been looking for a car for a relative when he brought $2,200 to a meeting on Thursday night.

The suspect pulled a gun on the man around the corner while his wife and 1-year-old child waited in their vehicle. The robber then made them drive about two miles before forcing the family out of the car. He gave the victim one of the $100 bills, telling him to take the bus home.

Craigslist is a dangerous place. Kathy Olson answered a nanny want CL ad in minneapolis and ended up shot in the back with a 357.

Answering a CL ad in person? Come Heavy.

4. I always pack Heavy and have a back up if im meeting someone..... Especially off CL.... Last few times i have meet someone for a CL deal i have meet them in a PD parking lot or some where with Survalience cameras close...

5. Scary!

Wow! That's scary. I've been using craigslist for almost 8 years and have never had a problem. But if anyone comes to our home, my husband is always ready with one of the guns. That's why conceal and carry rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Right U R Ken View Post

Gotta give the thug credit for thinking of the family and giving them $100 to catch the bus.

What I do wonder is if the car the thug was attempting to sell was stolen from a previous victim.
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I stay away from Craiglist,or any other on line place.goes to show, you never know who you are meeting.I'm glad the family was not hurt.

Always pack heavy and the wife is also armed and in the car with me.