Minnesota Permit to Carry a Pistol - 19 days to issue, 23 days to delivery >Ramsey Co

Thread: Minnesota Permit to Carry a Pistol - 19 days to issue, 23 days to delivery >Ramsey Co

Minnesota Permit to Carry a Pistol - 19 days to issue, 23 days to delivery >Ramsey Co

Greetings, fellow Minnesotans!

Thought I'd let you know about the permit application response time for Ramsey County as of late June, 2011. I applied at the Ramsey County Sheriff's office in Saint Paul on May 18, the permit was issued on June 6, mailed on June 8, & arrived in my mailbox on June 10.

With a newly elected pro-permit Sheriff in Ramsey County, I expect that the wait was probably due to a busy spring season for Sheriff Bostrom's offices.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Not too bad. My wife got hers in 22 days, and a friend of mine got his in 23 days. I got mine a while back when it took the full 30 days
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    Not too bad. My wife got hers in 22 days, and a friend of mine got his in 23 days. I got mine a while back when it took the full 30 days
    What county are you in, buckslayer?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)