wepons banned signs???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wepons banned signs????

If there is no signage posted on or near the front entrance your ok to carry. I know Bestbuy is not posted, but if someone sees your weapon and complains they will ask you to leave. I have carried at my local BB and as long as my weapon stayed concealed there was no problem.

You're honestly better off carrying in any business you'd like and only avoiding them if/when they ask you to leave.

4. The wife and I went to the movie the other week and they had the sign up in the window, well I was there and I wasn't about to go put my weapon in my truck in the parking lot, so I just had it conceal walk in look at wolverine and the wife and I left.

In some states signs carry the weight of law, and in others they don't. In some states, (such as Texas with its requirements for 30.06 signs) the signs have to be a certain size. In any event, regardless of whether the signs are regulation size or carry the force of law, if there's one posted, the business owners are making it quite clear how they feel about people carrying in their establishment.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

6. My understanding is that it's a petty misdemeanor if you legally have your weapon and you are asked to leave--when the police arrive, you can get a ticket for a petty misdemeanor. If you do leave when asked, there is nothing they can do. There are, however, many "gun free" zones; make sure you know what they are. And, the sign has to be a certain height and width, and has to be certain colors. It can't be a black & white photo copied 8 1/s X11 sheet of paper--has to be bigger. Just what I have been told when I took my conceal and carry class.

I know MN was trying to make violations like this either a MISD or a Gross Misdemeanor in MN...not sure where that's going. Any one have any further information on what MN is trying to do in the realm of private businesses putting up these signs and when police are called?

Quote Originally Posted by tthirion View Post
    If there is no signage posted on or near the front entrance your ok to carry. I know Bestbuy is not posted, but if someone sees your weapon and complains they will ask you to leave. I have carried at my local BB and as long as my weapon stayed concealed there was no problem.
    I'll have to look into that, I've OC'd in BestBuy(s) many times and not a word was ever said.

Establishments who don't recognise my rights don't get my business - simple as that! There's plenty of businesses out there that are willing to cater to law-abiding gun owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12