22 LR Ammo - Gone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22 LR Ammo - Gone?

1. I would be patient. Wally World still has the best prices. I haven't seen much of it over the past year, but there is no shortage of hoarders looking to make a buck. When I found it, I looked it up on the Walmart website and ten got there early in the morning to be first in line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Bought 500 rounds CCI Mini Mag from CTD about a month ago. Was not bad price, just checked they are out I have signed up on a web site called Gunbot.com There you can get up to the minute prices and avail and all popular ammo

Good day. In az this is biggest reason for ammo shortages....people are buying 22 ammo at all stores as quick as it comes in and having family members there to get around amount limits. Then... They go home and out post on backpage as ammo for sale and double or more the price paid. This has happened all over along with the other gougers around like cheaper than dirt, palmetto state armory, and some other national places. Here the only way end this is to refuse to pay gouge prices, never shop at those stores for anything and most of all stop buying from backpage. The government has nothing to do with this except for creating fear about gun controls following shootings esp at schools. Hang in there my friends and reward the places who have not tried to stick it to us.... Sportsmans wharehouse, cabelas, and honorable stores like that.

the WORKERS at most of the stores run off with most of the .22 ammo and sell it at the gunshows within minutes of arriving there, for 2x their cost, to DEALERS who then also double their money by the end of each weekend show. It's going to take a year or more for this to stop, too. In fact, it might take a lot longer, if guys don't start smuggling it in from Canada and Mexico, by the shipping container full. Loose, in 5 gallon buckets, it would sell like hotcakes at all the swap meets and flea markets.

I can see it now, operation "calm and controlled", the government led operation to smuggle ammo from Mexico into the US. Umm no.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

who said anything about the GOV'T doing it, dude? its the govt PREVENTING imports that's causing this problem. Once the ammo's here, it's legal to sell. No dope dogs sniffing it,, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    who said anything about the GOV'T doing it, dude? its the govt PREVENTING imports that's causing this problem. Once the ammo's here, it's legal to sell. No dope dogs sniffing it,, etc.
    "Dude" you are going to quickly become the forum joke.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Unhappy no more

Quote Originally Posted by shermris View Post
    I found that my local farm and home store has a sign up waiting list for any ammo not in stock. I can't buy a 1,000 rounds, but I can sign up as often as I like. Waiting times are anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks, but I don't have to pay the exorbitant prices some places are asking. The last order took 3 days and I bought 325 rounds of Federal target ammunition for $15.00
    The local fleet and farm store stopped taking sign ups, they said there supply had dried up to the point where a sign up list no longer was feasible. They advised checking in often because their very limited incoming 22 LR ammo is gone within a few hours of arrival. 22 LR ammo in my neck of the woods is getting harder to come by rather than easier. I'm not hurting for 22 ammo, but I don't shoot any more than I can buy until supply returns to normal, (if ever).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12