Enhanced CCW endorsement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enhanced CCW endorsement

Enhanced CCW endorsement

Does anyone know if Military DD214 is sufficient to show training for the Enhanced CCW endorsement?
    I got a CCW from Arizona by using my DD214

Honestly it depends on the state you are trying to obtain the CCW in.....for example, Indiana requires no training time at all, where Nevada requires multiple hour of training time.
    "DILLIGAF isn't an attitude, its a lifestyle, thats why its tattooed across my throat"

4. Most states that require training will most likely require you to show proof you were trained to fire a pistol along with your DD 214. Wyoming was allowing the DD 214 only for a bit but now requires some proof you were trained as well.

Sent from my Moto X

Depends on the state. What state are you in?
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

Enhanced CCW endorsement

Pa and Fl I know allow it as I used mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rehalfacre View Post
    Pa and Fl I know allow it as I used mine.
    PA requires no training... therefore why would you need to show you were trained via your DD 214? You got your $20 and can pass a background check in PA, then here is your license.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I had to present my DD214 to get my CHP, only to prove that I did not have a dishonorable discharge, which is viewed on the same level as a felony conviction, and prevents you from getting a CHP.

Besides a DD214 does not indicate the vet has any training or abilities with a firearm. I was in the Navy, and was never issued a firearm of any kind. My rating dealt with a lethal weapons on a totally different scale, measured in megatons. We maintained and kept the genie in the bottle, the genie that Albert Einstein first figured out was possible.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

On my DD214 it shows weapons M14, M16 and 45 pistol. I got a AZ that required proof of training to give me more states to CCW. I am in MS
    Here I am

On my DD214 it shows weapons M14, M16 and 45 pistol. I got a AZ that required proof of training to give me more states to CCW. I am in MS
    Here I am

I never looked at mine that close, mine should then show MK28, MK43, MK57 and MK61 warheads.

In NC the DD214 is used only to prove the type of discharge.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast