Firearms Permits in Mississippi - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firearms Permits in Mississippi

@ Hunterlee

Hey Man, no problem with the misunderstanding concerning the MS Leo's. I just didn't want anyone to think I was in someway against LEO's.
    Hell, only crimminals hate the Leo's far as I am concerned. Now, they are human and some are more professional that others, but they have my support at what they do. It is not a job anyone can do, just as being in the US Armed Forces is not for everyone.
    I am just glad this Great Nation has enough young men and women with the heart and fortitude to step up and do what needs to be done to protect Liberty and Freedoms that so many have died for in all the wars and conflicts dating back to the American Revolution to the present threats from the radical Islam.

I hope we won day can figure out that talking and ***** footing around with the very people who wish to destroy us and fight to win. Forget Political Correctness, running around the wolrd trying to save every nation but our own. We need a leader who will draw a final line in the sand and let those who wish to see us destroyed s a nation, as Christians, as the greatest nation on the planet.
    We need to tell the UN to stick it up thier ass.
    We need to look out for our own first and get our Republic back in order first. Send these wacko progressives packing to prision or russia, one or the other. Okay my health is not good right now and I am getting my self stressed out....I am going to shut it down for now. We will have to hit the range one day soon. I got one that is free out here just 10 minutes north of Wiggins. We will talk later.
    Bro.Mac
    US Army Veteran
    Desert Storm 90-91'

Quote Originally Posted by Mac357 View Post
    I hope we won day can figure out that talking and ***** footing around with the very people who wish to destroy us and fight to win. Forget Political Correctness, running around the wolrd trying to save every nation but our own. We need a leader who will draw a final line in the sand and let those who wish to see us destroyed s a nation, as Christians, as the greatest nation on the planet.
    We will have to hit the range one day soon. I got one that is free out here just 10 minutes north of Wiggins. We will talk later.
    I completely agree. Political correctness is destroying this country. I have one idea that might make the suicide bombers think twice. Every time a suicide bomber blows them self up; publicly show the burying of their remains (no matter how small) with a slaughtered pig and ignore all comments of outrage from anyone/everyone (as I guarantee there will be a lot). They blew themselves up while trying to kill Americans; we can do with their remains as we wish. As for free shooting, I live out in the woods “sort of” (I can open my back door, throw some coke cans out and legally shoot; while Dominoes also delivers), and my family has a range that has targets at 25 yards, 50 yards, 75 yards, and 100 yards. The targets are 2 x 4 7/16 steel plate (only hand guns allowed to fire at these). The 50 yard target has two 1 x 2 - 5/8 plates (for rifle use and/or zeroing) on either side of the 2 x 4 plate, as does the 75 yard target. The 100 yard target has four 1 x 2 - 5/8 steel plates “stacked” on top of each other (against the 7/16 plate), great for most all rifles. It is a nice “little” (free) range. The backstop is actually a branch (creek/swamp), and with the shooting table location, your actual shooting angle is “down” into the branch.

A prayer for all who have given an oath to God to (give their lives and) serve this great Country. ...And a moment of silence for all who gave their full measure....

4. That's 45 days not 4 months

5. 45 days is correct and apparently they utilize every bit of that. By calling 601-987-1586 you can talk to a human being concerning the status of your application. I believe a large part of the wait time is for your local LEOs to respond after they are notified of your application. Understandably, your local LEOs are given 30 days to respond to your eligibility when you apply for a CCW in Mississippi. No response constitutes approval so the full response time is required. This is to allow local LEOs input just in case something has changed, on the local level, since your application was made. STUDY HARD, TRAIN WELL AND SHOOT STRAIGHT.
    Ammo is expensive, training and practice are priceless.

6. Hello, I've seen videos that suggest handing your CCW with your DL when stopped. Although the laws requires a verbal statement, I would be more inclined to offer both permits to investigating LEOs. The theory behind this is usually, when approached by a law officer, the more seasoned officer approaches the drivers side while the less experienced approaches from the passenger's side. There is a greater chance of an inappropriate response from the less experienced officer if he is not in a location which allows him full access of the conversation. He may just hear the words "I have a gun" or some portion of the conversation which may cause him to respond inappropriately which could be dangerous for all concerned. I feel it's always expeditious to respond to a traffic stop in a way that will allow me to continue with my business and not hold any LEOs from doing the same. I would hate to think that my stupidity caused a LEO to be spending more time with me than someone who might need his assistance.
    STUDY HARD, TRAIN WELL AND SHOOT STRAIGHT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12