House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Wildwood, Missouri

    House Bill 841 - Please contact your Representative

    HouseBill 841 has been introduced. It allows for Open Carry for CCW holders. While it is not perfect it does solve the problem with different cities and towns from overriding state law. I prefer to Conceal Carry however every once in a while my shirt will ride up (especially in the summer) and I really don't like the thought of getting in trouble for it. Here is a sample email I sent to my Representative:

    I am a constituent of your district and voted for you in the last election. I would like to know if you will be supporting HB 841. I am a CCW holder who lawfully caries a firearm. Currently in Wildwood if my firearm were accidentaly exposed (i.e., exiting a vehicle or bending over) I would be in violation of Wildwood code and I could be arrested. In the state of Missouri it is legal to open carry however this can be overridden by local municipalities as Wildwood does. I am asking you to support this bill as it would be helpful in simplifying Missouri's firearms code and provide consistency across all municipalities.

  3. Thanks for the heads up. I contacted mine, but I have a feeling he is already on it. I found out that my rep co-sponsored this amendment:

    Proposes a constitutional amendment specifying that the right of every citizen to possess, purchase ammunition, and any parts or articles for the proper functioning of arms must not be infringed

    If you don't know your rep, visit this site:

    Missouri State Senate - Legislator Lookup

    and contact your "House District" rep. This will also tell you about your rep, what bills they sponsored, email address, etc.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts