Bass Pro asking to see CCW license - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro asking to see CCW license

In Springfield, Mo. you can carry open. In fact ALL of MO. Bass Pro will not even ask you a question about the firearm if carried open. They will have to put a lock on anything you hand carry in though. I go there all the time. They would rather you carry open I have found so they don't have to bother with locking guns. i have never had a person pull that crap yet and I would bet that the boss would be irate if they found out.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

3. Bad info there rudiepop, so lets get you up to speed so you don't become a victim of the open carry issues in Mo. You cannot open carry throught all of Missouri. I repeat, you cannot open carry throughout all of Missouri. There's a law on the books that gives the municipalities, political subdivisions, and counties the authority to regualte/deny open carry. It came into effect in 1984. There are also laws on the books involving 3rd and 4th class cities that say the same thing as that dreaded 1984 law in regards to regulating open carry, but those go a bit farther and include the discharge of a firearm...though there's a State statute that says discharge in self-defense is allowed, which should override those 3rd/4th Class city State statutes.

So you'll need to make 100% sure you're in an open carry County as well as an open carry Municipality. If you don't you could inadvertently be breaking the law. This authority is being put into practice in Maplewood, Mo at the moment as a result of someone open carrying in a town that is hostile to its people carrying firearms.

Examples:

Nixa, Mo: No open carry
    Bolivar, Mo: Open carry is allowed ONLY if you have a CCW permit

How about checking your address and going to your house to steal your guns
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. That I would have difficulty believing, especially when I see how many people come through for one of our classes. As a rule, I try to remind my students to destroy the BPS sign-in record sheet they're given upon leaving the store. Your example is why those sheets should never be returned to employees as there's no guarantee they'll be properly disposed of and a name is all someone needs these days.

A simple solution to the address portion is to cover that with your fingers and do not remove it for anyone other than LEOs. By Missouri Statute, the only person a CCW endorsement must be disclosed to is a LEO who asks and that is only if that individual is carrying a firearm under said endorsement. The Castle Doctrine provides other opportunities for carry as does the open carry aspect of the State, with the stipulations that you know if the municipality you're in allows open carry.

Since I hit the Springfield BPS quite often with class, I can honestly tell everyone that there's no consistency in the policy currently. One time I'll be told that I'm to be left alone as well as the students, the next time we're told to lock our firearms to go to the range. Given some of the ignorance I've had to witness, I'm a firm believer that the staff at the doors should be allowed to make sure the firearms heading to and from the range ARE unloaded. It ticks me off that they won't follow basic safety rules like treating every firearm like it is loaded. I've watched their people remove the locks and let people pack them up to leave when in reality if they're following proper safety rules they should be checked when the locks are removed as they've not been in the control of BPS employees, that is if they're going to enforce the "lock 'em" policy.

6. Bass Pro in Manteca California would like you to tell them you have a CCW upon entering. They don't ask to see it but the manager said she would like to know as a courtesy. I have no problem with this but would not want other customers to hear the conversation with the door clerk. The other customers don't need to know.

I'm missing something. CCW or not they check your gun at our Bass. It was indicated they put a lock on the guns of non CCW, how would they know you have a CCW? If I was at the door you would not have entered without a lock on the gun. Most of our gun ranges do not allow you to carry a load weapon into the range/store.
    NRA RSO
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Instructor

8. Quote Originally Posted by BassNut View Post
    Bass Pro in Manteca California would like you to tell them you have a CCW upon entering. They don't ask to see it but the manager said she would like to know as a courtesy. I have no problem with this but would not want other customers to hear the conversation with the door clerk. The other customers don't need to know.
    Awsome! Now we can have a whole thread about notify the door greeter or not! WOOHOO! I am sure it is because the door greeter and manager just want to go home safe at night to their families at the end of their shift. And let's not forget polite and respectful.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Wait! Bass Pro have shooting ranges at your location? Really?! That is totally awesome.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Awsome! Now we can have a whole thread about notify the door greeter or not! WOOHOO! I am sure it is because the door greeter and manager just want to go home safe at night to their families at the end of their shift. And let's not forget polite and respectful.
    I've mentioned this before but the guy who taught my CCW class told us that if he enters a business that has security guards he notifies them and asks permission.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    Wait! Bass Pro have shooting ranges at your location? Really?! That is totally awesome.
    Ours in Las Vegas does. If you buy a gun, they sometimes give you a free pass for an hour.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast