Bass Pro asking to see CCW license - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bass Pro asking to see CCW license

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I've mentioned this before but the guy who taught my CCW class told us that if he enters a business that has security guards he notifies them and asks permission.
    WOW! Such a polite accommodating fellow he is. **Insert sarcasm emoticon**
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by grizzerr View Post
    WOW! Such a polite accommodating fellow he is. **Insert sarcasm emoticon**
    Yeah, his class sucked too
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I'll bet it did.
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

5. Interesting.... I was in a BPS yesterday looking at some reloading gear and ran into a guy that I knew was carrying..
    This was in Georgia...
    No signs and I didn't tell anyone I was... No worries??
    Now I carry a 1911 5 in STI Spartan...

If was interesting when I took my jacket off in cracker barrel.... Some of the looks I got were priceless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OM44 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. What was wrong with showing him your CCW license?

Why do you feel offended if someone asks to see your license?
    Your driver's license?
    Your id?
    What LEO or GOV'T AGENCY gives him the right for this intrusion. You have no prob showing anything requested? Like your ss#. I never and I mean never give that on any Dr's record forms. You?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

In Texas you would have a problem the only folks that can ask are a magistrate or LEO.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    In Texas you would have a problem the only folks that can ask are a magistrate or LEO.
    Right..... so I, Joe Citizen asks John Texan to if he has/to see his CHL...tell me exactly what Texas statute prohibits me from asking? There is no statute that requires him to answer me, but there is no statute that prohibits me from asking. This forum is getting crazier every day!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Unsure about which, but some states do have statutes that prohibit the sale of pistol ammo to persons not licensed to posses a pistol.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Blog Entries
    I do go to BP in Springfield often and If asked (I do carry concealed so I doubt that would happen) I would have no problem showing the card. Its not my store and I feel that if I want to shop there its a very minor inconvience. I have never been one to get hung up on was this right or wrong I pick my battles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123