Missourians with mutiple licenses

Thread: Missourians with mutiple licenses

Missourians with mutiple licenses

What would be the benefit of having multiple licenses in Missouri if you already have a Missouri CCW? Do any of you have a Missouri CCW and an out of state license also?

The general idea is that if you have multiple permits and your home state permit is lost or taken, you can still legally carry.

I would think that a better use for an out-of-state permit would be to carry in states that don't recognize the Missouri permit but do recognize some other states' permits. Also, if you are in any state and you do not have a permit issued by the same state that you are in at the time, it is against Federal law (with a very few exceptions) to carry a gun that is not unloaded and locked in a case within 1000' of the premises of a school.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Good points as well Commander, but I think you'll find that if you play around with the map, that the best you'll do is to add one more state (Wisconsin) no matter which non-res state you choose to get. Most folks get Arizona. The Missouri permit is already one of the most recognized permits in the union with 38 states honoring it. Now if Wisconsin would just come along side, we'd be in business. That may happen very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSS View Post
    Good points as well Commander, but I think you'll find that if you play around with the map, that the best you'll do is to add one more state (Wisconsin) no matter which non-res state you choose to get. Most folks get Arizona. The Missouri permit is already one of the most recognized permits in the union with 38 states honoring it. Now if Wisconsin would just come along side, we'd be in business. That may happen very soon.
    There is also Colorado and Rhode Island which do not honor the MO permit but do issue their own non-resident permits.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Unless something has changed very recently and the map hasn't been updated here at USA Carry, Colorado issues to residents only. Colorado also honors the Missouri permit according to the reciprocity map.

I guess it would depend on where you were planning to travel. Adding RI non-res to MO, would gain you carry rights in RI. Adding AZ non-res to MO would gain you carry rights in WI.

Adding Utah non-res to MO will also gain you the additional state of WI as well.