just got my motorcycle license.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just got my motorcycle license.

just got my motorcycle license.

I just got my motorcycle license and I bought an 89 yamaha radian. Fun little bike and bot to loud. But the other day I stopped at the gas station and a person there said "oh great another biker thug" and on my way inside to pay, heckled me saying "what gunna rob the store now with your gun?"

Just a little venting. I have also noticed that no one notices a bike on the road. :/ Im losing faith in people everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    I just got my motorcycle license and I bought an 89 yamaha radian. Fun little bike and bot to loud. But the other day I stopped at the gas station and a person there said "oh great another biker thug" and on my way inside to pay, heckled me saying "what gunna rob the store now with your gun?"

Just a little venting. I have also noticed that no one notices a bike on the road. :/ Im losing faith in people everyday.
    That's harsh, it's not even like that up here in MN. I see bikes, scooters, & mo-peds daily. Sorry to hear it's like that where you live.
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

There will always be people who think if one has a bike you are a gangster. I used to take out my girlie roadster (Harley) to go to Busch Stadium games. It only make sense to drive it because i can practically park it anywhere and be able to go home ahead of the crowd. Don't worry about what other people think or say. If you are happy with what you have, go ahead and enjoy it. When the joy of what you do becomes a routine, it will become boring...then it's time to move on...

Cheers...life is too short to worry about other people. Be the best of what you are with what you have.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Congrats! Don't let the idiots of the world ruin your joy. Ride and keep the rubber on the road and the shiny side up!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Congrats! Don't let the idiots of the world ruin your joy. Ride and keep the rubber on the road and the shiny side up!
    +1 Exactly!

I've rode bikes for a while while carrying (both cruisers and sport bikes) and there are always going to be idiots out there.

Have fun and be safe.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

I ride daily when the weathers ok here in Ohio. I ride a big old goldwing and as soon as the weather hits 35-40 deg people here ride.
    Not alot issue being a biker here other then people never watch for you, always assume they don't see you.
    Being on a nice quite Honda no one hears you either, not like being on a Harley.
    Just plan on not being seen and assume they don't see you.

8. Right. My pseudonym reveals what I ride.

Always ride as if every other vehicle is out to kill you. It will keep you safe. As for the idiots and their remarks, I hope that they were kidding.

Keep the shiny side up, sir.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. NRA CSSA GOA 2AF CCRKBA / Tactical Pistol Instructor

9. Haha I ride also and carry usually everytime I'm on it, people will always have something negitove to say just smile and tell them you're on the way to pick up their girl! Haha no but really don't let it ruin your day at the end of. The day you're still the on riding and. Enojoying it some people just get jealous. Oh btw don't always keep the rubber on the ground!!

Just remember they're only two things between you and Jesus when you're on a Bike, Asphalt and Steel. Your fault, their fault, no-one's fault, IT'S OVER in a flash and most don't make it through. Used to ride a Rice Burner but gave it up due to the odds of surviving. Be Safe, enjoy and keep your eyes open, no one else does when they're driving!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

That guy at the gas station was an idiot. Don't let it bother you. The more I deal with the general public the less faith I have in our fellow man.

Stay alert on that bike! Drivers look right through you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast