Couldn't stand only having one motorcycle... so I bought another! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Couldn't stand only having one motorcycle... so I bought another!

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I like the old CBs, have you seen this: 1976 Honda 360 ?
    i have. cant say i'm a fan of the seat though.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
    i have. cant say i'm a fan of the seat though.
    It doesn't look very comfortable, that's for sure. Neat little bike though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

It doesn't look very comfortable, that's for sure. Neat little bike though.
    i like that style of bike, but that seat just looks hard on the ass.

Just sold this

Couldn't stand only having one motorcycle... so I bought another!-dscn0742-copy-1944x1458-777x583-.jpg

And bought this

Couldn't stand only having one motorcycle... so I bought another!-230l-8-copy-779x527-.jpg

After 20 years of riding the roads, I have decided to keep things mellow and enjoy a different type of scenery.

i like that style of bike, but that seat just looks hard on the ass.
    What do you mean...? It's got at least an eigth of an inch of padding!

~Sarcasm~
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Danmc, I've been thinking about getting a KLR 650... The idea of going from commuting to off-roading sounds too fun to pass up.

i have a ttr-230 that i share w/ the FIL. i want to either get something like the one i posted earlier or something around a mid-2000s Yamaha R6. i like the Victory bikes as well, just too much. some of the Roayl Enfields look cool, but i'd want something bigger than a 500 in a cruiser.

i have a ttr-230 that i share w/ the FIL. i want to either get something like the one i posted earlier or something around a mid-2000s Yamaha R6. i like the Victory bikes as well, just too much. some of the Roayl Enfields look cool, but i'd want something bigger than a 500 in a cruiser.
    I've ridden a few R6s, I think they were both the '06-'07 models. Personally, I didn't like them. The powerband is nonexistant until double digit RPMs and the stock pegs were too high and too far back. However, get those things on the track and their dynamite. I really liked the '05 636 I had, great bike! I'm so-so with the Victory bikes.... meh. If you like the Royal Enfield's you'll probably like the Triumphs. I love the Thruxton, beautiful bike! I don't mind the 500cc for the Shadow I just bought, it's enough to get me and the Wife around in comfort... but, it is 'just enough'. If money were no object, I'd buy an H-D Forty Eight too.

I've ridden a few R6s, I think they were both the '06-'07 models. Personally, I didn't like them. The powerband is nonexistant until double digit RPMs and the stock pegs were too high and too far back. However, get those things on the track and their dynamite. I really liked the '05 636 I had, great bike! I'm so-so with the Victory bikes.... meh. If you like the Royal Enfield's you'll probably like the Triumphs. I love the Thruxton, beautiful bike! I don't mind the 500cc for the Shadow I just bought, it's enough to get me and the Wife around in comfort... but, it is 'just enough'. If money were no object, I'd buy an H-D Forty Eight too.
    i had the unfortunate pleasure of owning a 650 v-star and it was gutless and needed a 6th gear. i've had my eye on these too...2014 CTX700N Overview - Honda Powersports 2013 CB1100 Overview - Honda Powersports

that new cb1100 is BOSS!!

i just want a sporty bike for local commuting. no real touring at all.

i had the unfortunate pleasure of owning a 650 v-star and it was gutless and needed a 6th gear. i've had my eye on these too...2014 CTX700N Overview - Honda Powersports 2013 CB1100 Overview - Honda Powersports

that new cb1100 is BOSS!!

i just want a sporty bike for local commuting. no real touring at all.
    I like the new CB1100! I sat one one at Velocity the other day, feels nice. About the V-Star 650, I have heard that from many people... even though it's a 650, it doesn't produce the power it should. Having a sixth gear is awesome, my 500 Shadow has one and it helps big time. I can cruise at 65-70 mph at 5,000-5,500 rpm, which is only halfway to the redline.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast