Say What? Harley introduces electric bike
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Say What? Harley introduces electric bike

Say What? Harley introduces electric bike

Well there goes the neighborhood. All I can say or do is SMFH.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/harley...115943100.html
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Well there goes the neighborhood. All I can say or do is SMFH.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/harley...115943100.html
    I can just see a burly biker pulling to a biker bar on one!!

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I can just see a burly biker pulling to a biker bar on one!!
    He better be about 6'10", go about 350 and look like a pro wrestler or else he ain't leavin'.....at least with any dignity. Electric bikes may have a future at resorts as rentals or city commuters but I don't see them as a replacement for gas engine bikes.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    He better be about 6'10", go about 350 and look like a pro wrestler or else he ain't leavin'.....at least with any dignity. Electric bikes may have a future at resorts as rentals or city commuters but I don't see them as a replacement for gas engine bikes.
    That's the market I see them going after. There are only so many bikers and rich or retired wannabes to go around and support the company. But, bike use is HUGE is other countries as a less expensive way of commuting to work and other places. There have also been some very good studies on the damage the constant roar in major cities does to ones hearing; not to mention the air pollution. (Then of course, there is the price of gas and the growing threat against oil reserves.)

Time will tell if this was a good move. But, I can't see this catching on anywhere but the areas you listed- resort areas and populated metro areas.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

I think with more electric stations popping up in major cities, electric motorcycles will get more popular. They have been around for a good amount of time, let's see if HD opens the door for people into these kind of motorcycles.

From what I read about these bikes, going 70+mph without hearing or feeling an engine, is pretty unreal.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Well, that was sorta out of left field... I do like the HD 750 though, I hope they work out the bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I think if and with Harley that's a big if, the price is not totally nuts, this bike will sell and sell good, I have a Harley Ultra Classic, and a Turbocharged Hayabusa, and I would buy one of Harleys electrics in a minuite, to go to and from work, then mama could ride it when we were out, (shes not good with clutches and gears)
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I think with more electric stations popping up in major cities, electric motorcycles will get more popular. They have been around for a good amount of time, let's see if HD opens the door for people into these kind of motorcycles.

From what I read about these bikes, going 70+mph without hearing or feeling an engine, is pretty unreal.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    The one thing any electric vehicle has is near instant torque which equates to instant acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I think if and with Harley that's a big if, the price is not totally nuts, this bike will sell and sell good, I have a Harley Ultra Classic, and a Turbocharged Hayabusa, and I would buy one of Harleys electrics in a minuite, to go to and from work, then mama could ride it when we were out, (shes not good with clutches and gears)
    Heck if she's not good with clutches and gears why not an automatic bike such as a Ridley? Ridley Automatic Motorcycles®

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast