NFOA narrow mindedness and PC alignment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFOA narrow mindedness and PC alignment

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

NFOA narrow mindedness and PC alignment

Anybody else here belong to NFOA and notice the admin's/moderators are very prone to be hypersensitive and very prone to align with the PC crowd? One in particular is deleting posts if he feels that the post doesn't fit into what seems a very narrow window of "free speech" that he subjectively allows? I can just see him sitting at his computer getting upset because someone put a post at the forum that he himself finds outside his own comfort zone. Sad.

You know the type, would be kinda like

I appreciate forums like this one, and "We The Armed" that allow open and free speech, where ideas can be presented and debated without fear of elitist forum management hyper-mongering. Although it's what my fingers typed, is "hyper-mongering" a real anything?
    Last edited by tuts40; 06-12-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Seemed like the thing to do
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Hi tuts40,
    Been on the NFOA forum for some time now. I dont agree with every opinion I read there but cant say I have seen any overly heavy handed activitiy by the admin. I do agree that some on that list feel that only those who have had extinsive training can be trusted to carry which I find odd as this is the same argument that those who would ban shall issue used to prevent CC in the first place. But debate on this has gone on with out censorship as far as I have seen. Could you give some more detailed examples of what you are asking about because its possible I have missed the posts involved. So far I have felt that the NFOA forums have been a good thing for Nebraska firearms owners and if there are issues its worth knowing about. After all nothing is perfict and opposing opinions need to be aired to keep things open and on track. On the other hand some kinds of behavior do need to be dealt with, I have seen this stuff get out of control on other lists. Dont kid yourself, there are those who are watching what we as gun owners are saying on formats like thsese and some common sense needs to be kept in mind. Its a balancing act thats hard for admin to deal with.

Blog Entries
    Guzzirider,

You may have missed the posts I'm refering to because an admin deleted them. I made reference to those living in a flood plain as looking a bit silly when they wonder how it could be that the river floods, and an admin decided he'd have to delete it and give me a "warning". Yeah, not kidding. Then, another post elsewhere on a subject of carrying EVERYWHERE versus where you are "allowed" and I ended the post with something like "please, admin, if you find this one offensive and delete it as well then you do need to wonder about not only your support level of the 2nd A. but also the 1st amendment". I'm now banned from posting for a month.

If I say I'd recommend carrying everywhere not just where it's "allowed" and if I point out how "silly" a man is for taking a knife to a gathering of hundreds cause "no guns allowed" at a hunting/sports show, and if I point out such sillyness and then inform all that if he deletes a post due to being offended then he needs to think about his 1st A. stance and he then deletes and bans... Well, you do the math.

I think the fact that NFAO is doing well with growing membership and that he has a position at the helm has gone to his head, frankly.

I support with membership the NRA, SAF, GOA, JPFO, USCCA. I support via purchases and donation in addition to membership the SAF and JPFO. (The NRA has compromised way too much for me to want to ever donate to them above membership dues) I also have a number of magazine subscriptions and purchase guns/ammo/supplies from free thinkers. I have taken 9 men and one woman shooting, at an outdoor gun club i belong to, for thier first time shooting! I've taken my wife and both my sons to Front Sight as I have a membership there. I pass out information regarding our Bill of Rights and our Countries wonderful heritage that I purchase at JPFO, and leave material at every waiting room I visit and on many bulliten boards I run accross. I support freedom minded local politicians and the right-wing Tea Party type national ones. I belong to this forum and three others, including NFOA and have never had issues till this guy there.

For a guy at a forum to treat me like I have to watch what I say is not only offensive to me, but should be offensive to anyone who respects freedom.
    Last edited by tuts40; 06-29-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Found grammatical issue
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Political correctness is merely an attempt to convince someone it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

tuts40,
    I must admit that your comments as stated would not fall under what I would see as in need of admin action. They are after all just opinions and could be debated if one should choose to but indeed censure is not called for. Like any other list I am part of I only read a small portion of all that is listed and just those threads that catch my interest so its no supprise that I did not see your posts or the resulting actions. I will however from now on keep this in mind and see if what you have pointed out continues to take place. I agree with you that censure instead of debate is offensive and one should not ignore it. Thanks for presenting your case.
    As for "hyper-mongering". It has a nice ring to it but I am not sure one could find it in Websters. Ya never know, it might stick.

Blog Entries
    Guzzirider,

Guess what... I looked online and wound up at dictionary.reference.com and looked up "mongering". Ha, came up with the word "monger": "a person who is involved with something in a petty or contemptible way". Hehe, hell dude, sometimes we stumble onto perfection and have no flipp'n idea!

8. tuts40 Took a look and your post is still there...

"Schools, malls with "no guns" signs, etc are full of people NOT armed and therefore are the softest targets. Westroads anyone? I'm sure there were a good number of people at the hunting show with enough sense to discretely carry, and did so. The reason a person carry's, and trains, is in hope that if the unthinkable happens it has a better chance of being stopped with a handgun than a cell phone. If lives, including your own, are in danger and innocent lives could be saved by taking action with a handgun, why would you not want one with you? Did you really go the the event unarmed? I bet not. I'd hope not. After all, if your life was about to be taken by a knife or gun wielding thug at a gathering of sheeples, would you rather be a (illegal) law following victim or a (illegal) law breaker that saves your own life? I either do not go at all to these things or i go armed. Period. It pisses me off when people think that following illegal laws and potentially placing themselves in further jeopardy is a good or noble thing. If a guy is 20 feet from you shooting up a crowd, what are ya gunna do, throw your knife at him? "It will not happen" is a great response, but explain that to families of the Von Maur shooting, Columbine or Virginia Tech or to the victim's families of any of the more recent shootings. Look up "Dr Suzanna Gratia Hupp" and her experience at Lubby's. She was not armed, being a law abiding citizen and thinking about what others would say that day... Anyway, I've finnished my rant and if needed the moderators at large can delete this post as well, i feel better knowing i've inserted some common sense and exercised free speech and if that bothers anyone, well, I'm simply following the FIRST TWO AMENDMENTS of our Constitution and if you delete this because you are offended you might want to examine YOUR feelings about those first two ammendments!"

9. Thumbs down

Your other post was over the top though... I captured it before it was deleted.

"This may be harsh, but I had a thought as i drove out of town this past monday heading north on I-29. I remembered those living in a bowl, below sea level and right next to the sea, IN AN AREA BELOW SEA LEVEL RIGHT NEXT TO THE OCEAN AND RIGHT NEXT TO A HUGE LAKE, BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE LAKE WATER AS WELL. New Orleans. ...Get my point? I can't even say (type) it here cause it just sounds like something that someone would say simply to raise blood pressures. You know tho, what my thought was that day and deep inside you must agree with it on some level."

"it just sounds like something that someone would say simply to raise blood pressures"

and it was just that.

Sounds like you were asking for it, and you got it

Blog Entries
    I suppose you are welcome to your opinion. As for me I stand by that post, both of them. If you live in a flipp'n flood plain you gunna get some flood'n...

In so far as my asking for it, maybe you are right. Posting opinions without a PC b-tch "punishing" you is something any free man should expect and should NOT be too much to ask for! Look at this very forum and the guys hurling actual insults toward another along with name calling along with some pretty harsh attacks to many different groups of people and yet it's tolerated. ...That's alright, in my opinion, as we should be man enough to take some name calling and tolerant of those with different opinions.

The NFOA group is doing good things and I do support the mission they've set for themselves. I happen to prefer to join in with and financially support (as I may very well here soon) an organization who not only supports (most of the idea of) the Second Amendment but also, now get this, the First Amendment.

To those who were offended by my post I'll offer this: Pull up your skirt and get off the PC bandwagon, you make me wanna slap some freedom into ya. Not that I would as starting an altercation goes against any form of common sense being that we are armed, but PC-ness is at the root of how this country is being not only castrated, but being broken down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Political correctness is merely an attempt to convince someone it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Careful there, your next... ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast