Nevada now honors Florida's CCW's. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nevada now honors Florida's CCW's.

Anyone know if there is a chance Texas will be added anytime soon?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That is correct...

There is no statutory requirement that a recognized CCW holder must reside in the issuing jurisdiction. The only requirement is that you must not be a NV resident. You can carry on a recognized CCW in NV for up to 60 days upon becoming a NV resident per NRS 202.3688. The typical criteria for residency is surrendering your previous DL for a NV DL and getting NV plates on your personally owned vehicles.

I do recommend that if you're in NV for extended periods of time, qualify to buy handguns in the State that you do get a NV CFP as it qualifies for a NICS exemption. NV NICS checks are at $25 each. If you buy firearms several times during your NV CFP term, the CFP plus class pays for itself.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

TX recognition...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Anyone know if there is a chance Texas will be added anytime soon?
    Best thing to do is ask your State AG if they are in discussions with NV DPS to get the process started. TX already recognizes (or unilaterally reciprocates as you Texans call it) NV so there's nothing in it for a NV CFP holders visiting TX. However, there is the revenue to be generated from visiting Texans, especially those Texans that greatly stimulate the economy and leave a legacy such as Benny Binion. I don't see any reason why TX won't make the NV statutory grade. Start with your AG and Governor and see where it's at. If the problem is on our end, let me know I'll get on our AG, NV DPS and the NSCA.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Texas/Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Best thing to do is ask your State AG if they are in discussions with NV DPS to get the process started. TX already recognizes (or unilaterally reciprocates as you Texans call it) NV so there's nothing in it for a NV CFP holders visiting TX. However, there is the revenue to be generated from visiting Texans, especially those Texans that greatly stimulate the economy and leave a legacy such as Benny Binion. I don't see any reason why TX won't make the NV statutory grade. Start with your AG and Governor and see where it's at. If the problem is on our end, let me know I'll get on our AG, NV DPS and the NSCA.

Thanks for the info. I am going to get some e-mails and perhaps some phone calls off.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12