Nevada now honors Florida's CCW's.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada now honors Florida's CCW's.

Nevada now honors Florida's CCW's.

"A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]

Cool, now we can carry at WallyWorld!

Yeah, I know, I know; we've been over this a hundred times...

:D

HEY: CA CCWInstructor--when are you gonna call Arnie and get us reciprocity too?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

That's great news. I'm heading there in Feb. for the Shot Show. Now I'm just waiting for my FL permit to come in.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post

HEY: CA CCWInstructor--when are you gonna call Arnie and get us reciprocity too?
    San Francisco hates honoring California permits. You really think they would honor anybody elses?
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    That's great news. I'm heading there in Feb. for the Shot Show. Now I'm just waiting for my FL permit to come in.
    I will be there two days before SHOT and three days after. Range events and meetings. Sucks
    [email protected]

YEA!!
    And, unlike AR, NE, & LA, it is truly reciprocal. I just read the FL DOACS page and they DO honor NV CCW.
    The more I practice, the 'luckier' I get!

Shot Show is held in a prohibited area...

Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    Unless the Las Vegas Convention Center which is owned and operated by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority has changed their policy, it's a posted public building and thus a prohibited area for civilian CCW holders under NRS 202.3673.

It's about time! I've had to resort to "car carry" all this time. I've had my FL permit since '05 and I just got the NV permit. One less permit to renew in the future.
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 01-09-2008 at 05:08 AM. Reason: correction of grammar
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

10. Resident / Non-Resident Permits

Am I correct in reading that NV makes no distinction between Resident and Non-Resident permits from FL?

That's the way I understand it, according to the interactive permit map on this site. Also the wording on the Nevada Dept. of Public Safety website does not stipulate that the permit holder must be a resident of the state. Here's the link:

http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/Spec...W_CHANGE.shtml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast