CCW Handgun Qualifying - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW Handgun Qualifying

1. The qualifying standards for Nevada CCW are similar to the Czech Republic's rules on CCW.
    How long does the CCW permit run for? 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberated Brit View Post
    The qualifying standards for Nevada CCW are similar to the Czech Republic's rules on CCW.
    How long does the CCW permit run for? 5 years?
    Yes, permit is good for 5 years before you need to renew.

I was told NV has one of the toughest range qualifications. That is was the same as FBI, but not timed.

I was also told that there is a sequence in shot placement, like two to the body and one to the head. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    All I know is if I'm 15 yards away from a potentially life threatening situation, I'm taking the avoidance route.
    Cal, your "Red Zone" is 21 feet or 7 yards; An attacker can cover that in 1.5 seconds. That means 15 yards can be covered in ~3.0 seconds. You may not have the option to leave if his attention is on you. This is a very real "close range" shooting distance which is why some instructors want to make sure you can hit a man-sized target regularly at this range.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

NY has no qualification requirement.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I think all States, should require Applicants to Quailify, before receiving Pistol Permits (CCW) most of your May Issue States, Do not have Quailifing requirements for its applicants.

From what I have read on all forums, most Applicants do not agree with my Statement about quailifing. I dont understand why.If you want the responcibility to carry, you should except the fact, you need to quailify first.Military, and Leo all must quailify.Why not Cilvilians as well

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I was told NV has one of the toughest range qualifications. That is was the same as FBI, but not timed.

I was also told that there is a sequence in shot placement, like two to the body and one to the head. Is that true?
    Not true.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post

Not only is it not true, but the process in Nevada is really a joke. The Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association (NVSCA) sets the minimum standards, which in my opinion are sufficient. However, the individual ranges are allowed to add their own "requirements". Pretty stupid...Huh?

For example, The Gun Store in Vegas, being run by a bunch of folks who think they're training SWAT teams, requires twelve rounds within thirty seconds as part of their requirement. Try that with a LCP with only one magazine.

American Shooters on the west side is pretty straight up. They simply follow the rules set forth without acting like a bunch of cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I think all States, should require Applicants to Quailify, before receiving Pistol Permits (CCW) most of your May Issue States, Do not have Quailifing requirements for its applicants.

From what I have read on all forums, most Applicants do not agree with my Statement about quailifing. I dont understand why.If you want the responcibility to carry, you should except the fact, you need to quailify first.Military, and Leo all must quailify.Why not Cilvilians as well
    I absolutely agree with your position. A few years as an instructor and you'll see all kinds of things.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. american shooters

I think I am going to go with american shooters, does anyone have anything bad to say about them? and If I go with my glock and my revolver, do I get the ccw card for Any semi/Any Revolver? or do i have to do those separately? Thanks for the input

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast