Car Transportation?

Thread: Car Transportation?

Car Transportation?

I don't have my permit yet (I applied May 24, but probably won't get it until July), and I usually go to the range with my guns locked in the trunk. In a few weeks I will be transporting some items in which I would rather have a loaded gun close by. I can't carry concealed, but is it okay to carry the loaded gun in the glove box or under the armrest (out of view)? Don't want to be unarmed, but rather be unarmed than break the law.

Thank you.

If you're in Nevada you can carry a loaded handgun in the car with you. Under your seat, in the door pocket, in the glove compartment, visible or concealed -- just not concealed on your person.

Clark County inmates could get a sheet explaining that when you got your 'blue butt wipe' from Metro some years ago, but I've not seen one in a while. I do have an old one somewhere, if you want me to I'll look for it and let you know what's on it. It would be outdated though because it was written before NLV and Boulder police agreed to obey the law
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    If you're in Nevada you can carry a loaded handgun in the car with you. Under your seat, in the door pocket, in the glove compartment, visible or concealed -- just not concealed on your person.

Clark County inmates could get a sheet explaining that when you got your 'blue butt wipe' from Metro some years ago, but I've not seen one in a while. I do have an old one somewhere, if you want me to I'll look for it and let you know what's on it. It would be outdated though because it was written before NLV and Boulder police agreed to obey the law
    Thanks for the information. Thanks for the offer of the CCDC inmate Metro information, but that isn't necessary to look for it. Still not convinced NLV follows the law. Won't be going there without the permit, and the handgun concealed on me. That is one of the last places I want to risk it.