LVMPD Application Status - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LVMPD Application Status

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    My permit came in the mail today. It was issued on June 29, and mailed June 30. Expires on June 29, 2015, and according to the note I received, they recommend renewing the permit four months before it expires to keep the permit valid.

Now just have to wait for Utah which will probably come in another 45 days. But at least I can carry in Nevada now.
    i hope i get mine tommrow i fig you would get yours sooner since your i vegas and im out here in BFE i mean mesquite

Quote Originally Posted by 702DROID View Post
    i hope i get mine tommrow i fig you would get yours sooner since your i vegas and im out here in BFE i mean mesquite
    Mesquite is the boon docks (been out there a few times), but at least it is quieter than LV (outside of all those drug problems). Didn't know you were in Mesquite. You had to drive to LV just to apply? That is a nice long trip.

Still, I would have thought that Mesquite is close enough that it shouldn't take more than a day for the mail to get to you. Hopefully you will get it tomorrow. Going to carry for the first time tomorrow, and it is going to feel strange. Maybe they processed your permit the day after mine?

Mesquite is the boon docks (been out there a few times), but at least it is quieter than LV (outside of all those drug problems). Didn't know you were in Mesquite. You had to drive to LV just to apply? That is a nice long trip.

Still, I would have thought that Mesquite is close enough that it shouldn't take more than a day for the mail to get to you. Hopefully you will get it tomorrow. Going to carry for the first time tomorrow, and it is going to feel strange. Maybe they processed your permit the day after mine?
    we always get stuff in the mail a day late here were the unwanted step child here in clark county none of the carriers usps ups fedex will give us real overnight delivery on anything it always takes an extra day

trying to get stuff together to move out to vegas been looking at houses in the north west area, drug problems are everywhere unfortunaly and mesquite has a good one going for as small as this town is but every doc (ive been to in nv) just tries and pushes pain pills for anything when theres better solutions out there dont help either that our LEO's here just sit on there asses and dont do anything productive

yeah drove down to vegas and took class on the 22nd and then drove back to vegas on the 24th to go to metro and get fingerprintednot that bad of a drive can do it in an hour or less

5. Quote Originally Posted by wagntwister View Post
    I mailed mine on the 16th as well and they cashed the check on the 22nd so I hope I'm soon. Did you send in ink prints? Thats what I did since I live in NJ are you out of state as well? I was hoping I get it before next Wed. as I will be in NW PA for a few days.
    I'm in Las Vegas, I needed FL since i travel to NM which no longer recognizes Utah. I sent ink prints and a money order as opposed to a check. Lot of times I was told by our instructor little things like that (personal checks) actually delay you more then you think in the process. Hopefully you see it soon since the check was cashed already.

6. Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    My permit came in the mail today. It was issued on June 29, and mailed June 30. Expires on June 29, 2015, and according to the note I received, they recommend renewing the permit four months before it expires to keep the permit valid.

Now just have to wait for Utah which will probably come in another 45 days. But at least I can carry in Nevada now.
    So just under five full weeks still, not bad at all. Compared to the wait i was told it used to be damn near the full 120 not so long ago.

we always get stuff in the mail a day late here were the unwanted step child here in clark county none of the carriers usps ups fedex will give us real overnight delivery on anything it always takes an extra day

trying to get stuff together to move out to vegas been looking at houses in the north west area, drug problems are everywhere unfortunaly and mesquite has a good one going for as small as this town is but every doc (ive been to in nv) just tries and pushes pain pills for anything when theres better solutions out there dont help either that our LEO's here just sit on there asses and dont do anything productive

yeah drove down to vegas and took class on the 22nd and then drove back to vegas on the 24th to go to metro and get fingerprintednot that bad of a drive can do it in an hour or less
    Good market out there, but I feel the prices are going to drop again. Thousands more foreclosures ready to come on the market, and lots more homes about to be foreclosed on so I suspect the home prices will drop again. But who knows, I could be wrong.

I thought there was some Federal taskforce in Mesquite going after the drug issues there. Didn't sound right to me, but several people have told me that so perhaps it is.

There was no class you could take in Mesquite? I did my qualifying on May 21, did my class May 22, and applied on the 24th.

Just don't take too much less than an hour for the drive or it might cost you some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    So just under five full weeks still, not bad at all. Compared to the wait i was told it used to be damn near the full 120 not so long ago.
    Under five weeks which isn't bad. The instructor told me people with common names take the full 120 days while people with unique names can take a lot less time. One person at LVMPD told me it will take 90 days now because they were caught up with all the census worker fingerprints they had to run, while another told me they are about 30 days out. Guess the last guy was right.

They still recommend renewing 120 days out so that permit doesn't expire, but if it takes 30 days to renew, it is a waste of money as I am paying for the same days twice. No big deal, got five years to figure out when I want to renew.

Good market out there, but I feel the prices are going to drop again. Thousands more foreclosures ready to come on the market, and lots more homes about to be foreclosed on so I suspect the home prices will drop again. But who knows, I could be wrong.

I thought there was some Federal taskforce in Mesquite going after the drug issues there. Didn't sound right to me, but several people have told me that so perhaps it is.

There was no class you could take in Mesquite? I did my qualifying on May 21, did my class May 22, and applied on the 24th.

Just don't take too much less than an hour for the drive or it might cost you some money.
    this one place that advertising local classes wouldn't never return a phone call or email for two weeks (http://ccwmesquite.com/) so i just went ahead and scheduled a class in vegas

as far as a fed task force here (sorry that made me lol) ive never seen it sometimes they have a boulder city pd, and NVLPD come out here to to traffic enforcements ...everyones out heres either spun out there mind or poppin lowertabs like candy its not even funny

just checked the mail and it was there

this one place that advertising local classes wouldn't never return a phone call or email for two weeks (Wild West Firearms & Training | Mesquite, Nevada) so i just went ahead and scheduled a class in vegas

as far as a fed task force here (sorry that made me lol) ive never seen it sometimes they have a boulder city pd, and NVLPD come out here to to traffic enforcements ...everyones out heres either spun out there mind or poppin lowertabs like candy its not even funny

just checked the mail and it was there
    Mesquite is not a huge city, but there has to be more than one place that teaches the class. Too bad you can't make a nice weekend of it. Class on Saturday, enjoy one of the local hotels Sunday, apply Monday, and leave.

Just telling you what I heard about a Fed task force. Boulder City and NLV come out for traffic enforcements? That is crazy. BC doesn't have a lot of officers, and they are at least 1.5 hours away. You guys must pay NLV a lot because they will stop a lot of people, but I suspect they will charge Mesquite a nice sum. Must have a lot of DUI arrests for people who are taking drugs and driving.

Good that you got your permit. With all those drug addicts, and other crime around, can't be too safe.

Though that new NSC case that says CCW applications are not as confidential as the statute says it is is annoying me. Looks like someone can now contact the police to get a copy of the CCW application, and other information. And court thinks that is a good idea?!?

Mesquite is not a huge city, but there has to be more than one place that teaches the class. Too bad you can't make a nice weekend of it. Class on Saturday, enjoy one of the local hotels Sunday, apply Monday, and leave.

Just telling you what I heard about a Fed task force. Boulder City and NLV come out for traffic enforcements? That is crazy. BC doesn't have a lot of officers, and they are at least 1.5 hours away. You guys must pay NLV a lot because they will stop a lot of people, but I suspect they will charge Mesquite a nice sum. Must have a lot of DUI arrests for people who are taking drugs and driving.

Good that you got your permit. With all those drug addicts, and other crime around, can't be too safe.

Though that new NSC case that says CCW applications are not as confidential as the statute says it is is annoying me. Looks like someone can now contact the police to get a copy of the CCW application, and other information. And court thinks that is a good idea?!?
    dont get me wrong we have our own mesquite police force but they have some coalition or some sort of agreement with those other two citys they send some here we send some there idk what for or good it does but who knows

mesquite is a small place, i think they were just saying its at 19k population now but its a retirement town

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast