LVMPD Application Status - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LVMPD Application Status

Quote Originally Posted by 702DROID View Post
    dont get me wrong we have our own mesquite police force but they have some coalition or some sort of agreement with those other two citys they send some here we send some there idk what for or good it does but who knows

mesquite is a small place, i think they were just saying its at 19k population now but its a retirement town
    I remember a relative was considering moving out to the over 55 community there. After doing some research, that was no longer an option.

I can see sending MPD to NLV for training or whatever as NLV does have some serious crime problems. Boulder City, not so much. They do their share of drug busts, and other arrests, but it is rare for major felonies to occur there. Your DUIs, DVs, traffic cases, and drug cases are the primary crimes there. NLV you get everything.

Someone I know would like to retire to Pioche. Talk about a small town. Probably is nice though.

Just got my Utah CCW today 45 days since they charged my cc

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    Just got my Utah CCW today 45 days since they charged my cc
    Great, if they take 45 days for mine, then I should get it by the end of July. Maybe the rush is over.

got my utah permit in the mail yesterday

got my utah permit in the mail yesterday
    Great. I applied for Utah two weeks after you did so I expect mine by the end of the month. Not as big a rush for it as I don't have any plans to leave the state for the next few months. Still would be nice to have.

i have to go to colorado this weekend so i guess after i pass state line I have to put my glock in the glove box

i have to go to colorado this weekend so i guess after i pass state line I have to put my glock in the glove box
    That is annoying. I don't see Colorado accepting Nevada until it Nevada takes Colorado which won't be happening anytime soon. Nevada only decides once a year which permits to accept, and I think they do that in April.

9. Thumbs up

Got my NV permit today, it was issued on the 14th of July. Application was submitted on June 15th; still really good turn around times.

10. Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    That is annoying. I don't see Colorado accepting Nevada until it Nevada takes Colorado which won't be happening anytime soon. Nevada only decides once a year which permits to accept, and I think they do that in April.
    I thought I saw that for one of the counties in Colorado there was a 90 grace period for out of state permit holders. Anyone know about this? I want to say that it said if you had a CCW from another state and you move to Colorado you could continue to CC for 90 days while your application was in process with that county? Am I on crack with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by rkurashima View Post
    I thought I saw that for one of the counties in Colorado there was a 90 grace period for out of state permit holders. Anyone know about this? I want to say that it said if you had a CCW from another state and you move to Colorado you could continue to CC for 90 days while your application was in process with that county? Am I on crack with this one?
    You probably should check Colorado laws, but I think you are right. The way I heard it is that if you move to Colorado, your out-of-state permit is valid for a short period. I don't think it is just one of the counties, but the entire state. Of course, this doesn't help someone who is on vacation in Colorado or passing through on the way somewhere else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345