LVMPD Application Status
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LVMPD Application Status

LVMPD Application Status

I called LVMPD on the status of my permit, and they told me that they are processing May 14, and May 15 right now. I applied May 24, and they said they should get to me in another week or two.

Just thought people would be interested where LVMPD is in applications.

3. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    I called LVMPD on the status of my permit, and they told me that they are processing May 14, and May 15 right now. I applied May 24, and they said they should get to me in another week or two.

Just thought people would be interested where LVMPD is in applications.
    Thanks for the information. Wait at the fingerprinting office was in and out in less then an hour yesterday. Smooth process.

They're allowed 120 days...they still have plenty of time....

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Thanks for the information. Wait at the fingerprinting office was in and out in less then an hour yesterday. Smooth process.
    When I went for my class last month I was warned it could take hours going between the stations. I was in and out within in an hour. I was called within a minute for the first booth, and just a few minute wait for most of the other booths. I spent most of my time waiting at the end to get a fingerprint card I needed to send to Utah. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected to be there for the entire afternoon.

They did tell me it takes about 30 days to process it these days as they are all caught up this month (got behind in April due to census workers so that really delayed things).

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    They're allowed 120 days...they still have plenty of time....
    True, and it used to take them a while due to the backlog. My instructor said with common names expect it to take the full 120 days, but the person taking my application said it will take about 30 days. So far they are right on track for that as they are about a month behind.

I applied on May 10th and got it on Tues june 15, thats 5 weeks and 1 day when I applied I stopped at the front window for my number and before I got through the door they were calling it I was there less then an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsmag View Post
    I applied on May 10th and got it on Tues june 15, thats 5 weeks and 1 day when I applied I stopped at the front window for my number and before I got through the door they were calling it I was there less then an hour
    I applied two weeks after you, so if the time frame hasn't changed, I should get mine on June 29 or so. Not too bad.

I had the same experience with the first window. They gave me the number, but I had to put my laptop back in the car, and as soon as I opened the door to leave the building, they called my number. Never ran that fast in a suit and tie before.

A friend of mine said she waited about six hours to apply for her permit a year or so ago...and her husband works for Metro.

Glad to see things have gotten faster, even with the budget cuts, and personnel cuts.

LVMPD is processing applications from May 20 today. They should be processing my permit by Friday so hopefully by next week I will have my permit.

this is great news i also applied on the 24th

Quote Originally Posted by 702DROID View Post
    this is great news i also applied on the 24th
    I suspect LVMPD is processing May 24 today since the 22nd and 23rd was the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if the permits are mailed in the next few days so we can get them on Monday or Tuesday. I plan on calling again on Monday to see the status. Or you can call today or tomorrow, and post where they are.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast