Accepting other States
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accepting other States

Accepting other States

I just watched the nightly news and they said these are the states they will be accepting.

8 Total:
    Alaska
    Arkansas
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Missouri
    Nebraska
    Tennessee
    Utah

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. Missouri
    Woo-hoo!

When does this go into effect?

Joe

I'm assuming Oct. 1 but they said it would be listed "on the website" on Monday. But they didn't say the website. I'll find out and post all the info here.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I may have to face my fear of transporting a pistol on an airline when I make my trip to Vegas in Dec. Are there still the registration laws in North Las Vegas? Looks like I'll have to remove Nv from my list of states not accepting TN permit on the TN site :-)
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 09-27-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I called the CCW office today to clear up a few things.

1st and most important, my new permit is being mailed to me today! :D

2nd: She confirmed this list and said it should be going into effect Jan. 1 but she was not 100% on that and that the Dept. of motor vehicles were in charge of that. I'll look for more info on this.

3rd: After October 1st, when you are adding a revolver to your permit, it will be listed as a revolver and you are able to carry ANY revolvers you legally own. Old permits will not be changed and the qualifying paperwork but be dates OCt. 1 or after.

I am sending a letter to the Sgt. in charge of the CCW office so I can get these answers in writing. I will post the information as soon as I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I may have to face my fear of transporting a pistol on an airline when I make my trip to Vegas in Dec. Are there still the registration laws in North Las Vegas? Looks like I'll have to remove Nv from my list of states not accepting TN permit on the TN site :-)
    I know you had to register your firearm with the county within 24 hours I believe but I thought that has been extended. I'll have to look for some info on that.

8. Nonresident Licenses

Any information on recognition of my nonresident license from Utah? (I am a Arizona resident.)

Quote Originally Posted by Himnaz View Post
    Any information on recognition of my nonresident license from Utah? (I am a Arizona resident.)
    I spoke Friday with Sgt Johnson of the CCW dept and he wasn't sure whether you had to be Utah resident or not. The posting at dps.nv.gov just lists the states and states that these will be 'recognized' as of Oct 1 without any mention of resident or not. I call every couple of weeks to get updates and it is very slow at finding anything out.

Hope this helps

G
    Glen R. Parshall
    Nevada-Utah CCW instructor
    Gun Dealer

1911 and 45 - my two favorite numbers! Don't leave home without them.....

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    SB92 was passed and signed into law, which states that those cities (not named but described by population) that had laws about registration, possession etc had until Oct 1 to change them (eliminate them) or that the state law would override them on Jan 1. No Las Vegas is telling their officers that nothing will change - EVER. There is no teeth in the state law, so the cities that have illegal laws look like they are going to ignore the state law. The county registration (blue card) laws were left alone, due solely to the pushing by the sheriff. The only thing that will change is for visitors who now have 60 days before they need to 'register' their guns. Those of us that live in Clark county are still stuck with their unconstitutional registration.

We tried, got stabbed in the back by the sheriff but will be back again next session to try once again.
    G
    Glen R. Parshall
    Nevada-Utah CCW instructor
    Gun Dealer

1911 and 45 - my two favorite numbers! Don't leave home without them.....

Utah permit acceptance

All Utah permit holders will be accepted as legal to carry in Nevada (yes non-res are good to go). I recieved this infornation from a very reliable source who talked to Utah officials directly. My source is a legal expert in the firearms field and instructs LEO through out Ca. He teaches CCW and many pistol, rifle and shotgun courses as well.

If you breeze our calccw.com thread below it contains the pertinent information on page 3. CCWI (instructior) is a highly regarded firearms law expert from within the field.

http://www.calccw.com/Forums/announc...ty-bill-3.html
    Nevada Governor signs reciprocity bill - Page 3 - CalCCW

spc;)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast