Nevada Legislature will screw it up (again). - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Legislature will screw it up (again).

I certainly hope you're correct. I'd love to be wrong in this instance.

Your links to other sites are very helpful. I've written several of the legislative folks involved in this whole issue already.

My Granny used to say, "Spare me your recipe. Let me taste your soup." In this case, the Nevada legislature seems to have a great recipe, but the soup tastes like swamp water. IMHO.

Again, I hope you're correct and I'm wrong. We'll see.

3. While you are at it, how about some reciprocity common sense in there? I hold several carry permits from various states, am an American, can carry in most states, excepting Nevada, where I must come and RENT the guns that I wish to carry, take training (I have more training than the trainers) and waste several hundred dollars before heading home with a CCW permit that allows me to bring my own gun(s) back to Nevada for sport shooting and self defense. Sic. Insanity. I do not believe that Nevada will see my tourist dollars again until some common sense takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    While you are at it, how about some reciprocity common sense in there? I hold several carry permits from various states, am an American, can carry in most states, excepting Nevada, where I must come and RENT the guns that I wish to carry, take training (I have more training than the trainers) and waste several hundred dollars before heading home with a CCW permit that allows me to bring my own gun(s) back to Nevada for sport shooting and self defense. Sic. Insanity. I do not believe that Nevada will see my tourist dollars again until some common sense takes place.
    It is true you must have a NV CCW permit OR a permit from a state that NV recognizes - in order to carry concealed.

There is no law prohibiting open carry in Nevada.

And, WHO/WHAT says you cannot bring your personal firearm(s) to Nevada???

THAT simply is NOT true.

(Yes, we do need better recognition law.)

5. Clark County blue card

can someone explain what the Clark County "Blue Card" is? Do you need one wirh a Non-res. NV CCW if staying in Clark County?

Thanks

All handguns (even antiques) in Clark County, Nevada must be registered. That may not seem like much, but Clark county is almost half of Nevada's population...maybe more.

When you register your weapon, you get a "Blue Card" that has the old name/rank/serial number crap on it. TA DA! Big Deal. However, you'd better have it with you when LEO's are looking for an excuse to hassle you over CCW.

It really is nothing more than a bureaucracy. I've never heard of any (modern day) benefits to anyone but the police department's employee budget. (Grin)

Quote Originally Posted by ElHefedeBombaros View Post
    can someone explain what the Clark County "Blue Card" is? Do you need one wirh a Non-res. NV CCW if staying in Clark County?
    The Clark County handgun registration only applies to:
    1. Residents of Clark County.
    2. Non-residents of Clark County who stay in Clark County for more than 60 days.

Handguns listed on the non-resident NV CFP issued by the LVMPD, do not have to be registered with the LVMPD.
    No "blue card" is required for non-resident permit holders.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    It really is nothing more than a bureaucracy. I've never heard of any (modern day) benefits to anyone but the police department's employee budget. (Grin)
    I thought it was for the sake of the children?!?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Or as OldOwl would say,

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl
    I feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Whatever happened to OldOwl anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    It is "for the children"...the children of law enforcement personnel whose jobs depend on such things.

Okay maybe I misread but did we just loose our CCW reform and the campus carry bills? I keep trying to find out but must not be looking in the right places. I just saw the articles on here. Neither were mentioned in the overview I read on the RJ website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast