need nv ccw

Thread: need nv ccw

1. need nv ccw

I live in northwest wyoming and spend a few weeks every year hiking in your great state. I have been carrying open when driving the highways and when hiking. Sometimes it would help to be discreet, and I want to get one of your non resident permits. I've learned quite a bit reading this forum, but need some specific advice: I'd like to make a quick trip to apply and qualify-any way to do it in west wendover? elko?any disadvantage to a permit in elko county? am I correct to understand that these permits are not valid in Las Vegas? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetoncounty View Post
    I live in northwest wyoming and spend a few weeks every year hiking in your great state. I have been carrying open when driving the highways and when hiking. Sometimes it would help to be discreet, and I want to get one of your non resident permits. I've learned quite a bit reading this forum, but need some specific advice: I'd like to make a quick trip to apply and qualify-any way to do it in west wendover? elko?any disadvantage to a permit in elko county? am I correct to understand that these permits are not valid in Las Vegas? thanks.
    Nevada permits are valid in Clark County (Las Vegas). I don't know anything about Elko County, but that permit is valid state-wide.

Beginning 10/01/01 Non Residents Can apply for a Nevada Non resident permit. Non Residents must apply the same as Residents. They must appear in person at any Sheriffs Office.

As of May 8, 2002, the Nevada Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association requires that CFP training must take place in the State of Nevada.