Nevada CCW application wait time - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada CCW application wait time

1. Took a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by ndplumr View Post
    I hope 10 weeks is all it is. Ive heard rumors that its taking the full 120 days in some cases. Waiting sucks. I pretty much wore out my carry gun just getting familiar with it at the range lol
    Just got mine, I live in Clark County. It took 14 weeks and 3 days!

3. ouch! I better just forget about it for a while lol

My wife submitted hers Jan 5th this year, still waiting.

I'm not from Nevada and I live in a state/county where you walk out of the sheriff's office with your CCW so I don't understand how this works. How does it work when you go to renew your permit? If it takes up to 120 days, do you have to stop carrying for that time period or are you given a grace period while you wait?

6. Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    I'm not from Nevada and I live in a state/county where you walk out of the sheriff's office with your CCW so I don't understand how this works. How does it work when you go to renew your permit? If it takes up to 120 days, do you have to stop carrying for that time period or are you given a grace period while you wait?
    We are suppose to submit our renewal 120 days before it expires. I guess if you send it in too late, there may be a period that you arent legally carrying. I saw on the news last night, that they are trying to submit a bill so than any legal gun owner in NV, can conceal carry in NV. That would be nice, but the draw back is, I dont think most states would honor NV ccw then.

We are suppose to submit our renewal 120 days before it expires. I guess if you send it in too late, there may be a period that you arent legally carrying. I saw on the news last night, that they are trying to submit a bill so than any legal gun owner in NV, can conceal carry in NV. That would be nice, but the draw back is, I dont think most states would honor NV ccw then.
    The new legislation in Nevada is written so that anyone who lawfully can own a firearm can carry it in Nevada. You can also get a CCW with the required training that allows Nevada CCW's to be recognized by other states. Frankly if you can carry legally in Nevada without a ccw, just get a Utah and/or Florida ccw for a large number of states to carry in outside Nevada.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

8. I get a kick out of the fact that it took 43 days to get my nonresident Florida permit and now I will end up waiting an additional 73 days to get my home state Nevada CCW permit. Pretty sad!!!

Oh ok. Makes sense. It's too bad it takes them that long to issue them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    I get a kick out of the fact that it took 43 days to get my nonresident Florida permit and now I will end up waiting an additional 73 days to get my home state Nevada CCW permit. Pretty sad!!!
    I agree, that IS sad. I live in Nevada too. My Utah renewal was $10 for another 5 years and arrived in my mailbox 7 business days after I sent it in.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

11. I took my renewal class and submitted my application to Washoe County on March 22. The lady told me that it will take the entire 120 days to receive my new permit. We'll see what happens. Last time, it took 72 days. I'm a nonresident and I was able to get my permit faster than a lot of Nevada residents. I think there's something wrong with that picture.

I mailed in my Utah renewal today. That one should be coming back soon.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast