Nevada CCW application wait time
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada CCW application wait time

Nevada CCW application wait time

Just got my Nevada CCW renewal. It took 72 days from application turn in to receiving card in the mail. Five years ago it took about 20 days and the time before that about a week.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Got my 1st permit

I applied for my permit back on March 31 and got it on May 19. The permit has an issue date of May 16. I asked around and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it takes longer or shorter. A friend of mine got his permit under 4 weeks about a year ago and another guy took about 3 months, he had put in his app. about 2 months later. It seems Metro has its peaks and valleys; just the luck of the draw when you put in your app/renewal. Everyone that I've talked to said to start the renewal process at about 5 months to the expiration date because Metro will take their time.

I'm up in Washoe County. I will apply at least 120 days out next time.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

5. I just turned in my app on Thurs (May 19th), it will be interesting to see how long mine will take as I'm in Nye county.

I put in my renewal about 3 weeks ago and nothing yet.

I hope yours process as quickly as possible. It was kind of funny at the Sheriff' office when the woman in charge of CCW's (nice lady) was taking my fingerprints again and for whatever reason the scanner machine wasn't reading them correctly I said "can't you just use the fingerprints you took five years ago...I mean fingerprints don't change right?" She smiled and said, "Yeah, you're right, I don't know why we have to retake them each time." When bureaucratic procedures overcome common sense. Happens a lot doesn't it?

Las Vegas Metro. Non resident permit

23 days

Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    Las Vegas Metro. Non resident permit

23 days
    Now I REALLY don't know why it takes so long to get a resident renewal out in Washoe County!

I did my finger prints 8-4-11 received on 10-15-11. 72 days total.

11. Anyone out there have any idea of the wait time in Elko County for new permits?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast