NV CCW Permit Holders Forum - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NV CCW Permit Holders Forum

Probably age of issuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley62 View Post
    Does anyone know the reason why Nevada doesn't recognize Texas' CHL? Will be moving there soon and wonder why. Thanks.
    More than likely it's because Texas issues at 18 to active duty military. I doubt that any State that issues at 18 for any reason will be on the Nevada recognition list. You do have the option of getting Florida or Utah.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Wesley62 View Post
    Does anyone know the reason why Nevada doesn't recognize Texas' CHL? Will be moving there soon and wonder why. Thanks.
    From listening to the CCW forum, they look at all the states' concealed carry training requirements. Supposedly, Nevada will work to accept the concealed carry permits of those states where the training requirements are similar.

Even if Nevada accepted the Texas CHL, as a Nevada resdident, you would still be required to get a Nevada CCW.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    From listening to the CCW forum, they look at all the states' concealed carry training requirements. Supposedly, Nevada will work to accept the concealed carry permits of those states where the training requirements are similar.
    I think he's moving to TX and was curious about TX not being on the NV recognition list. Both the training and issuance criteria must be the similar as Nevada or it doesn't make the list. Permitees must be 21 or over in Nevada. It stands to reason the minimum age of issuance is why TX failed to make the NV recognition list.
    Even if Nevada accepted the Texas CHL, as a Nevada resident, you would still be required to get a Nevada CCW.
    You are correct. You must get a NV CFP within 60 days of establishing residency per NRS 202.3688. Best bet is to apply for your NV CFP as soon as you believe you'll become a NV resident in the county you're going to be residing in as the sheriff has up to 120 days.
    Last edited by netentity; 10-28-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

5. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    I think he's moving to TX and was curious about TX not being on the NV recognition list. Both the training and issuance criteria must be the similar as Nevada or it doesn't make the list. Permitees must be 21 or over in Nevada. It stands to reason the minimum age of issuance is why TX failed to make the NV recognition list.

You are correct. You must get a NV CFP within 60 days of establishing residency per NRS 202.3688. Best bet is to apply for your NV CFP as soon as you believe you'll become a NV resident in the county you're going to be residing in as the sheriff has up to 120 days.
    Thanks for correcting me on that. I'd like to see the results of their next review.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Did anyone make a copy of the meeting on their computer?

I too would like to have a copy of the that meeting, however, the since the state didn't make a copy, I'm wondering: did anyone here copy it on their computer? I'd gladly pay a little something plus postage or handling of a hard copy or an online file/copy of your copy? PM me if you'd like. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I too would like to have a copy of the that meeting, however, the since the state didn't make a copy, I'm wondering: did anyone here copy it on their computer? I'd gladly pay a little something plus postage or handling of a hard copy or an online file/copy of your copy? PM me if you'd like. Thanks.
    A CD copy of the July 11, 2007 forum is (or at least was) available for $5.00 plus $4.50 shipping.

No one thought to ask them to do an audio recording of the September 10, 2008 forum.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234