Nonresident Florida CCW Permit Has Arrived - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Nonresident Florida CCW Permit Has Arrived

  1. Did you get your fingerprints at the sheriff’s office? And did you send the card in or did they?
    I have all the paperwork fromn FL, but was not sure about the fingerprinting part. Odd they don't take electronic ones, could do it like I did mine here, L1 ....

    Any help will be appreciated ..
    thanks!
    "Any Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have...." - Thomas Jefferson.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Did you get your fingerprints at the sheriff’s office? And did you send the card in or did they?
    I have all the paperwork fromn FL, but was not sure about the fingerprinting part. Odd they don't take electronic ones, could do it like I did mine here, L1 ....

    Any help will be appreciated ..
    thanks!
    I read the documentation provided with the application. Nonresident applicants have to submit fingerprints from their local law enforcement office. Live Scan or electronic fingerprints are accepted for resident Florida applications only.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

    -Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    I read the documentation provided with the application. Nonresident applicants have to submit fingerprints from their local law enforcement office. Live Scan or electronic fingerprints are accepted for resident Florida applications only.
    This is not completely correct. Certainly non-residents can obtain paper fingerprints in Florida. I called several sherrifs offices to confirm. NOTE that the applicant submits the paper prints. The LEA only provides the printing services.

    Still checking if these same offices will allow a non-resident to use the electronic fingerprint services.

    I obtained my FL about a year ago, so it's possible the language has changed and the sherriff have not yet changed policies. I would be surprised if that is the case.

    Please quote the exact language from the application paperwork that says a non-resident must us their own local law enforcement to get printed. I just read it this morning, and I can't find anything that says that.

    Thanks!
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    This is not completely correct. Certainly non-residents can obtain paper fingerprints in Florida. I called several sherrifs offices to confirm. NOTE that the applicant submits the paper prints. The LEA only provides the printing services.

    Still checking if these same offices will allow a non-resident to use the electronic fingerprint services.

    I obtained my FL about a year ago, so it's possible the language has changed and the sherriff have not yet changed policies. I would be surprised if that is the case.

    Please quote the exact language from the application paperwork that says a non-resident must us their own local law enforcement to get printed. I just read it this morning, and I can't find anything that says that.

    Thanks!

    I think there is a slight confusion.

    Non-residents may go to a FL Regional Office to have prints scanned. But a non-residents can not have his prints scanned and sent by his home state LEA.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457

    Final word on non-resident fingerprinting in FL

    It states in the 2008 license application instructions that non-residents may have their prints taken both electronically (only in FL) or on paper cards (in FL or at an out-of-state "law enforcement office"), depending on the capabilities of the Sheriff's office. However, in the latest printed application information (2010 version) the only reference to residency is pertaining to US residency, and they don't specifically address out-of-state residents and fingerprinting. I called several sheriffs offices yesterday to confirm that the still will provide printing services to out-of-state residents, both electronic and paper. All said yes.

    Since it costs up to $35, you probably won't save much, if any, money. But good to know that if you are in FL you can get your prints done electronically.

    If you are trying to speed up the process, it still probably isn't necessary to go to Florida. I used paper prints taken at a jail here in SC and received my license in 5 business days.

    Also note that Florida now has 8 special offices set up that are dedicated to streamlining the application for your license. They will fingerprint you on the spot. See this link:
    Submitting a Concealed Weapon License Application at a Division of Licensing Regional Office



    Here is a quote from the 2008 version of Florida's application packet (online PDF). They specifically stated that our-of-state residents could get their prints done in Florida, from page 5 section 5 of the application instructions. Interestingly this is the same quote my friend mrjam2jab provided to me last year when I was applying for my license and had a similar question! Thanks mrjam2jab!

    "5. A NOTICE TO OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLY AT SHERIFFS' OFFICES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

    If you are visiting Florida from out-of-state, you can get your fingerprints scanned at a nearby sheriff's office. However, you need to be aware that if law enforcement authorities reject your scanned fingerprints because of legibility problems, the law requires you to have your prints scanned A SECOND TIME at the same sheriff's office where your prints were initially taken. If you have already left Florida and returned home and are unable to return to Florida to have your prints scanned again, you will have to submit your second set of prints on a fingerprint card using the “hard card” method. Because the format of your second fingerprint submission (paper card) will be different from the format of your first submission (digital scan), FDLE regulations require you to submit a $42 fingerprint processing fee with this second submission."
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    It states in the 2008 license application instructions that non-residents may have their prints taken both electronically (only in FL) or on paper cards (in FL or at an out-of-state "law enforcement office"), depending on the capabilities of the Sherriff's office. However, in the latest printed application information (2010 version) the only reference to residency is pertaining to US residency, and they don't specifically adderss out-of-state residents and fingerprinting. I called several sherriffs offices yesterday to confirm that the still will provide printing services to out-of-state residents, both electronic and paper. All said yes.

    Since it costs up to $35, you probably won't save much, if any, money. But good to know that if you are in FL you can get your prints done electronically.

    If you are trying to speed up the process, note that I used paper prints taken at a jail here in SC and received my license in 5 business days.

    Also note that Florida now has 8 special offices set up that are dedicated to steamlining the application for your license. They will fingerprint you on the spot. See this link:
    Submitting a Concealed Weapon License Application at a Division of Licensing Regional Office

    Here is a quote from the 2008 version of Florida's application packet (online PDF) they specifically stated that our-of-state residents could get their prints done in Florida, from page 5 section 5 of the application instructions. Interestingly this is the same quote my friend mrjam2jab provided to me last year when I was applying for my license and had a similar question! Thanks mrjam2jab!

    "5. A NOTICE TO OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLY AT SHERIFFS' OFFICES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

    If you are visiting Florida from out-of-state, you can get your fingerprints scanned at a nearby sheriff's office. However, you need to be aware that if law enforcement authorities reject your scanned fingerprints because of legibility problems, the law requires you to have your prints scanned A SECOND TIME at the same sheriff's office where your prints were initially taken. If you have already left Florida and returned home and are unable to return to Florida to have your prints scanned again, you will have to submit your second set of prints on a fingerprint card using the “hard card” method. Because the format of your second fingerprint submission (paper card) will be different from the format of your first submission (digital scan), FDLE regulations require you to submit a $42 fingerprint processing fee with this second submission."
    I know that nonresidents can have fingerprints taken in FL by both methods, but how many nonresidents are actually filing their applications there? Most are mailing them in from their respective states of residence. That's what I meant by my original post.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

    -Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

  8. Florida non resident

    Hello...

    There is some great info here but I was unable to find the florida packet on that site to apply to get a non-residence carry permit that would be reciprocal in GA. Can anybody send me the link please? And would that be what I need to carry in GA?

    Thanks in advance..

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    The form is on this page (search for the word 'Concealed' on that page):
    Forms / Forms & Publications / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

    A direct link to that form is here:
    Concealed Weapon / Firearm Application (FDACS-16036)
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

  10. how can I get none resident form for ccw

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    I know that nonresidents can have fingerprints taken in FL by both methods, but how many nonresidents are actually filing their applications there? Most are mailing them in from their respective states of residence. That's what I meant by my original post.
    I had my fingerprints done electronically at the Sheriff's office in Florida. At that time, they were diligent in making sure the electronic prints were legible and met the necessary standards. Additionally, they gave me a printed copy of the card, which they recommended I also send in with my application. No problem. If prints are taken outside of FL, they need to be on the print card. FYI, the Sheriff's office also told me to submit the application promptly, as the electronic fingerprints are only effective for 90 days, but if your app is received within 90 days, but it takes longer to process, that's OK since they are 'connected' to your app.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast