Clark County Date of Issue. Did I Get Shafted?

Thread: Clark County Date of Issue. Did I Get Shafted?

1. Clark County Date of Issue. Did I Get Shafted?

I am a resident of Arizona. I applied for a Nevada CCW via Clark County on July 30th. I received my Nevada CCW in the mail today. It was postmarked two days ago. I figured the date of issue must've been after Oct 1st so it would be good for five years. But, after I opened the envelope I saw that the date of issue was the same as the date of application so the permit is good for only three years. Did I get screwed out of two years of validity?

I would call and ask about it.

LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPT / CCW DETAIL
    5880 CAMERON STREET
    LAS VEGAS NV, 89118
    702-828-3996
    Hours = Monday - Friday (excluding holidays), 8am - 3pm.
    CCW Info: http://www.lvmpd.com/permits/firearms_concealed.html

Let us know what they say.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Yep, you got shafted. I sent mine in late April, got it early Sept, it was dated for late Aug.
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

كافر , and proud of it

On the bright side, when you renew in 2 years, your non-resident permit will be good for 5 years instead of 3.

6. I called the office and the woman who answered said that the structure of the permit is set by state law and that the date of issue is the date that the fingerprints are taken and transmitted.

Too bad you can't actually carry on that date. What a bass-ackwards system.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tlglenn View Post
    I am a resident of Arizona. I applied for a Nevada CCW via Clark County on July 30th. I received my Nevada CCW in the mail today. It was postmarked two days ago. I figured the date of issue must've been after Oct 1st so it would be good for five years. But, after I opened the envelope I saw that the date of issue was the same as the date of application so the permit is good for only three years. Did I get screwed out of two years of validity?
    You might have. I took the CCW training in Washoe County on Marcy 12. I was told that it was a 5 year permit. They hadn't updated the written test and it was a free question for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tlglenn View Post
    Unfortunately yes. LVMPD does it by the date you apply, not the date of issuance. I don't know if this is the case for all counties in Nevada. Since FL and UT are now recognized in NV, there's no point in you renewing. It would surprise me if AZ didn't eventually make the NV recognition list.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

10. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Unfortunately yes. LVMPD does it by the date you apply, not the date of issuance. I don't know if this is the case for all counties in Nevada. Since FL and UT are now recognized in NV, there's no point in you renewing. It would surprise me if AZ didn't eventually make the NV recognition list.
    I was warned not to take my nonresident CCW training in Las Vegas. They have some excellent classes from what I have been told.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    On the bright side, when you renew in 2 years, your non-resident permit will be good for 5 years instead of 3.
    I'm sure that makes him feel a lot better.