LVMPD does it again... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LVMPD does it again...

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Is the process for each issuing authority, (ie., county, municipality, or whatever it is in Nevada) standardized, or does each have their own process?
    No. There are statutory requirements. Keep in mind that a Nevada sheriff has 120 days to issue or deny. What a county sheriff does in those 120 days is up to them. They can sit on your application for 119 days if they want then run your fingerprints, do the necessary computer checks and mail it out on day 120.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Say what? It's not like fingerprints have feet and legs, y'know. How on earth can they be lost? Did they not stop and ask for directions? Did the GPS fail or not cover that specific area of town? Wasn't there a movie called, "The Thing" that was a hand that walked on the back of the couch and strangled people? So, what exactly is going on?

Seriously, Nye county, at least the Sheriff's office in Pahrump, does electronic fingerprinting. There is nothing that can get lost, unless the hard drive dies, but a heck of a lot of ions are inconvenienced in the making of the records.

Happy New Year folks!

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Say what? It's not like fingerprints have feet and legs, y'know. How on earth can they be lost?
    I'll be asking Sgt Johnson (supervisor of the LVMPD CCW Detail) and Chief PK O’Neill of the NV DPS Records & Technology division what happened this time and the last time a few years ago where Clark County NV CFP holder applicants fingerprints were disappearing regularly at the next NV CFP holder forum unless someone beats me to the punch.
    Seriously, Nye county, at least the Sheriff's office in Pahrump, does electronic fingerprinting. There is nothing that can get lost, unless the hard drive dies, but a heck of a lot of ions are inconvenienced in the making of the records.
    Clark County (LVMPD) does electronic as well.
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Someone needs to be fired for the SNAFU. There's no "good" excuse for losing ANY records in their custody. Suppose it were key evidence in a serious crime. Will they be happy having to let the BG walk?

What a bunch of bologna.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    ...the next NV CFP holder forum ....
    I'm still "kicking myself" for missing the last one. Would you happen to know where and when the next one will be?

I'm still "kicking myself" for missing the last one. Would you happen to know where and when the next one will be?
    No I don't. They're typically semi-annual to annually. I suspect the next one will be just before or after the 2009 legislative session.

I expect to see more since we have two key pro-RKBA legislators in office; Assemblyperson Settelmeyer and Senator Lee. At least two other Nevada legislators attended the last one. You'll have to either come to Las Vegas or go up to Carson City to attend. There's plenty of present support for future forums.
    Last edited by netentity; 01-01-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    No I don't. They're typically semi-annual to annually. I suspect the next one will be just before or after the 2009 legislative session.

I expect to see more since we have two key pro-RKBA legislators in office; Assemblyperson Settelmeyer and Senator Lee. At least two other Nevada legislators attended the last one. You'll have to either come to Las Vegas or go up to Carson City to attend. There's plenty of present support for future forums.
    The last one was sent live online but I couldn't record it. My cd/dvd player was on the blink and I wasn't home to watch it. I have a new player/burner so I can record it when/if it's online again. No one present at the last meeting thought to record it. Maybe no one asked? IDK.

9. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    The county you apply in makes all the difference. If it was Washoe County, they are known for much better service than Clark County.

Washoe County was good in processsing mine, but it wasn't 21 days. It was 72 days. Later, I found that some had experienced waiting periods of close to 120 days.

Live scan fingerprints were taken at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office and I purchased a $10 card copy for my nonresident Utah CCW application.

Hard to believe that they could lose electronic fingerprints. They've got to be stored somewhere.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

The last one was sent live online but I couldn't record it. My cd/dvd player was on the blink and I wasn't home to watch it. I have a new player/burner so I can record it when/if it's online again. No one present at the last meeting thought to record it. Maybe no one asked? IDK.
    I too can only guess when the next forum will be held. I'll take a wild guess and speculate in July 2009.

The first ever NSCA/CCW holders forum was held July 11, 2007, shortly after sine die of the 74th (2007) legislative session.

The second (last) forum was held September 10, 2008 - but it was originally scheduled earlier.

So we can hope the NSCA will schedule the next forum shortly after the 75th (2009) session (sine die June 1, 2009).

The 2007 forum was recorded and was (perhaps still is) available. I failed to purchase the CD audio recording immediately following the forum, but ordered a copy later and cannot remember exactly how I ordered it. The following will probably get you in the ballpark:
    Nevada Legislative Publications
    401 South Carson St.
    Carson City, NV 89701
    Phone: 775/684-6835
    Fax: 775/684-6663
    [email protected]

Immediately after the 2008 forum, I asked to purchase a CD recording of the proceedings, but was told by a staffer, "No one asked that we record it." We will try to NOT let that happen again next time!

A li'l history behind the NSCA/CCW forum. More than one bill in the 2007 legislature concerned firearms and CCW; AB-21 and SB-92 especially were controversial. We can thank Senator John Lee (D-Clark) for making the CCW holders forum happen. And thanks to Mr Frank Adams, Executive Director of the NSCA for continuing it in 2008. I would almost bet there will be a forum in 2009.

Reminder: The 75th (2009) Legislative session begins February 2, 2009. See Nevada Legislature - it contains a wealth of information!

Larry
    Stillwater Firearms Association!

All persons fingerprinted in October 2008 were affected...

I have found out that all Clark County (LVMPD) CCW applicants for the month of October were affected, myself included. If you were fingerprinted for any reason at the LVMPD fingerprinting bureau for the month of October 2008 you will most likely need to be reprinted. LVMPD CCW Detail will be issuing temporaries if the fingerprints do not come back before the 120 day statutory issuance or denial period from the date you applied.

This is an LVMPD Fingerprinting Bureau issue, not an issue with NV DPS Records and Technology. I will be pushing LVMPD Internal Affairs as to why this happened. If I do not get an answer back, I will be talking it to my State legislators and the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association along with revisiting it at the next NCSA CCW public forum along with making suggestions for legislative changes.

I also want to know why this happened with LVMPD a few years ago as well. I also want to know how often fingerprints get lost, where the likely point of failure is and what will LVMPD be doing to fix it. Since I have 20 years of IT experience, I can hold their feet to the fire on this issue.

Again this is not an issue with the CCW Detail themselves. They just create a referral for you to be fingerprinted by the fingerprinting bureau. If there's an issue with your prints, you should be getting a call from the CCW Detail asking that you come back in to be reprinted. Also verify that you will be getting a temporary if your prints don't come back within the 120 days you applied.
    Last edited by netentity; 01-07-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast