New To Nevada !!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: New To Nevada !!!!

  1. #1

    New To Nevada !!!!

    Hello Everyone,

    I just moved to Nevada 6 days ago from SoCal.

    I had some very good friends there and am hoping to do the same here.

    I am a member of a gun website from Cal and enjoy the information shared from that site.

    I'm going to the Las Vegas Gun Show this weekend. This will be my first time attending.

    Does anyone have any do's or don'ts regarding the Gun Show.

    I've already read the rules for the show, but I'm looking for do's and don'ts from personal experience.

    My wife and I are very Glad Of Our Move to Nevada and have found everyone in our area very nice people.

    Regards to all......Scout
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

  2.   
  3. #2
    Welcome to Vegas. I've lived here for about 10 years and like it; I hope you do as well.

    While this site is interesting at times, be more careful about information here than you are used to at CalGunsNet. Here a person will post BS at times and nobody calls them on it, it just sits there uncommented on. Hopefully you can help to bring about the attitude you've come to know of making sure any information posted is FUD-free.

    As for tomorrow's gun show--prepare to be disappointed. I will be going with a friend tomorrow morning and I do not have any great expectations. Rarely is there much worth seeing at any gun show here, but at least the parking is free at this one.

    Now that you're a Nevada resident, get your resident CCW and learn to shop for guns here and in surrounding states. Buy a handgun and take it home immediately. Make a run down to Arizona and buy a rifle, take possession of it, and drive home with your out of state purchase (no $25 state background extortion in AZ). Open carry (but not down on the strip), go desert shooting (before the Dems in Congress lock it up). IOW, enjoy your new-found freedoms while they last.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    I always have been disappointed at gun shows. I buy everything online now. If it requires the services of a FFL, then I have it shipped to a local dealer. The only thing I buy locally is practice ammo at superwallyverse.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Welcome to the land of the free, former PRCA refugee! How does freedom feel?

    Are you going to open carry until you get your CCW permit?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Welcome to Vegas. I've lived here for about 10 years and like it; I hope you do as well.

    While this site is interesting at times, be more careful about information here than you are used to at CalGunsNet. Here a person will post BS at times and nobody calls them on it, it just sits there uncommented on. Hopefully you can help to bring about the attitude you've come to know of making sure any information posted is FUD-free.

    As for tomorrow's gun show--prepare to be disappointed. I will be going with a friend tomorrow morning and I do not have any great expectations. Rarely is there much worth seeing at any gun show here, but at least the parking is free at this one.

    Now that you're a Nevada resident, get your resident CCW and learn to shop for guns here and in surrounding states. Buy a handgun and take it home immediately. Make a run down to Arizona and buy a rifle, take possession of it, and drive home with your out of state purchase (no $25 state background extortion in AZ). Open carry (but not down on the strip), go desert shooting (before the Dems in Congress lock it up). IOW, enjoy your new-found freedoms while they last.
    First......Although I'm a member of Calguns.net.....I haven't been on that sight in I don't know how long.

    They lost my input and interest .........

    Second.....see next post
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Welcome to the land of the free, former PRCA refugee! How does freedom feel?

    Are you going to open carry until you get your CCW permit?
    Can you OC OWB here? Wow....I did not know that.....still brushing up on the laws.

    I do have a question I can't seen to find the answer to ??????

    I've a CA....and.....UTAH permit.

    I know the CA permit is usless. However, will my UTAH CCW be okay here.

    The question is when I complete all the address changing....DMV, etc.....and notify UTAH, will my UTAH permit be invalid because of being a bonafide NV resident?????
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Can you OC OWB here? Wow....I did not know that.....still brushing up on the laws.
    Yes, but I would not do it on the Las Vegas Strip or into a hotel/casino. Do not carry in or around K-12 schools, colleges, universities or licensed child care facilities as they are probhited for both concealed and open carry under NRS 202.265 and 202.3673. Vehicle carry is also legal. It must be open or concealed in your vehicle (i.e. center console, door pocket, under the seat, glove box, etc.).
    I do have a question I can't seen to find the answer to ??????

    I've a CA....and.....UTAH permit.

    I know the CA permit is usless. However, will my UTAH CCW be okay here.

    The question is when I complete all the address changing....DMV, etc.....and notify UTAH, will my UTAH permit be invalid because of being a bonafide NV resident?????
    You have 60 days from the time you become a NV resident to get a NV CFP per NRS 202.3688. After the 60 days are up, you can no longer legally CCW in NV with a recognized endorsement, license or permit. Residency is typically defined by the State that issues your DL, license plates and where you are registered to vote. If you've done one of those three to your NV address, you are legally a NV resident and the clock started at that time. This also applies to Clark County handgun registration if you're in Clark County. Don't forget to register your handguns. They can be permanently confiscated if they are not.

    If I recall the CA PC, your CA CCW expires 90 days of relocating from the local jurisdiction that issued it.
    Last edited by netentity; 01-16-2009 at 07:07 PM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Yes, but I would not do it on the Las Vegas Strip or into a hotel/casino. Do not carry in or around K-12 schools, colleges, universities or licensed child care facilities as they are probhited for both concealed and open carry under NRS 202.265 and 202.3673. Vehicle carry is also legal. It must be open or concealed in your vehicle (i.e. center console, door pocket, under the seat, glove box, etc.).

    You have 60 days from the time you become a NV resident to get a NV CFP per NRS 202.3688. After the 60 days are up, you can no longer legally CCW in NV with a recognized endorsement, license or permit. Residency is typically defined by the State that issues your DL, license plates and where you are registered to vote. If you've done one of those three to your NV address, you are legally a NV resident and the clock started at that time. This also applies to Clark County handgun registration if you're in Clark County. Don't forget to register your handguns. They can be permanently confiscated if they are not.

    If I recall the CA PC, your CA CCW expires 90 days of relocating from the local jurisdiction that issued it.

    Thank You for the above information and noted.

    My wife and I have not converted CDL, or Registration yet.

    We've converted insurance to NV.

    My understanding is when you register your vehicles you need proof of insurance (done) and smog check.

    Then off to the DMV. I guess the clock will start ticking at that time.

    Thank you again "netentity" your information has been very helpful.
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Welcome to the land of the free, former PRCA refugee! How does freedom feel?

    Are you going to open carry until you get your CCW permit?
    It seems that everyone is in a certain way, encouraging me to Open Carry?

    Why is that Scout wondered to himself?

    Hmmmmmm.........I don't really know?

    Will someone please explain as I have not seen anyone Open Carry since I've been here.

    Although, it has only been one week, you would think I would have noticed someone OC'ing.

    Please.....Do tell?????
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Green Valley (Henderson) NV
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Thank You for the above information and noted.

    My wife and I have not converted CDL, or Registration yet.

    We've converted insurance to NV.
    That may be an issue. If you're pulled over for a traffic infraction, your proof of insurance will have a NV address, but you'll have a CA DL and CA plates which implies residency. That will raise a red flag with the citing LEO unless you're active duty military. You might get cited for having an out of State DL and out of State plates. I would consider the clock starting on the date the NV insurance cards were issued.

    Nevada is over $1B in the red. The State needs all the revenue it can get. While you may get a pass or ignored before the State wide budget crisis, you probably won't now. LVMPD is not issuing within 60 days presently. If you haven't taken your NV CFP class and applied for your NV CFP, do it ASAP.
    My understanding is when you register your vehicles you need proof of insurance (done) and smog check.
    Yes. You can go to the NV DMV site and check the new resident guide.

    Yes unless the vehicle is new. New vehicles are smog exempt for the first two registrations in Nevada. If you have an exempt vehicle I do recommend you get your smog check ASAP before your 3 year/36K initial warranty is up so it will be a warranty issue for a local dealer to correct at no cost to you. Smog checks are valid for 90 days.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast