Adding gun to CCW in Nevada - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding gun to CCW in Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    Permits here are designated by "gun". If it shoots bullets and I can legally buy it, I can carry it...concealed or open. We have to range qualify with something during the class, but that doesn't limit you to just that gun. You could qualify with a 22 target pistol and carry a S&W 50 magnum.
    Nevada qualifies you by Make, Model, and Caliber, period!!! The only "Generic" guns are Revolvers. Find an instructor, shoot for him and have him sign off. When I got my renewal, I brought every gun I would possibly have with me anywhere I might go in Nevada. Elko County does not charge to add guns, at least they didn't 3 months ago. They keep your lists on file so if your carrying one that is not listed on your permit, it can be checked on. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's the way it is. Take the instructor who previously posted up on his offer.

You guys have to Qualify?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    You guys have to Qualify?

In Nevada, YES In Idaho, NO. Just about anything goes. No restrictions on gun type, no live fire requirement, and you can carry just about everywhere including bars as long as you don't get drunk. Same rules apply that apply to driving. Of course if you are carrying, even a hint of alcohol can cause you problems if self defense were to become necessary.

Can anyone confirm that all guns you qualify on have to be registered to you in order to list them on your CCW?

6. Quote Originally Posted by 702XD45 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that all guns you qualify on have to be registered to you in order to list them on your CCW?
    No. It is not necessary to own the handgun you qualify with. In fact, many CCW instructors have handguns that you can use for qualifications. Of course, there's a small fee for that.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    In Nevada, YES In Idaho, NO. Just about anything goes. No restrictions on gun type, no live fire requirement, and you can carry just about everywhere including bars as long as you don't get drunk. Same rules apply that apply to driving. Of course if you are carrying, even a hint of alcohol can cause you problems if self defense were to become necessary.
    I know I know. I was just playing along with all the other comments about how less strict their states requirements are. Idaho sounds about the same as PA, $25 and a clean record.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 702XD45 View Post
    Prior to Jan 1, 2008 yes in Clark County only. Some Nevada Sheriffs were adding serial numbers to the permit in addition to Clark County. SB92 during the 2007 session removed it from Clark County.

The handgun only needs to be registered if you are a Clark County resident or have been in Clark County for 60 or more contiguous days. The make, model and caliber handgun does not need to be registered to you in Clark County to qualify with it for a Clark County (LVMPD) issued NV CFP. If you're a Clark County resident, any concealable firearm that is in you own needs to be registered with LVMPD. You need to have the blue card with you if the firearm is in your immediate possession.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

9. Question... My carry gun was recently stolen. I bought the exact same model. Do I need to do anything with my CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_702 View Post
    Question... My carry gun was recently stolen. I bought the exact same model. Do I need to do anything with my CCW?
    No. If you have qualified with a Beretta 92F, you can carry any Beretta 92F. Only CA and NY(C) itemize by serial number. NV itemizes by make, model and caliber of semi-auto. There are some bills in the 2011 State legislative session to change it to any semi-auto.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

I recently purchased a small LCP to add to my Nevada CCW permit. I've ranted and raved all over the forum about the stupidity of the process, so I won't bother anyone here.

I turned in my qualification paperwork (and $25) to LVMPD on Feb 28th and received my new (amended) CCW permit in the mail today (Mar 8th).

That's about the only thing that actually works in the process. The qualification process is an absolute joke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast