Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits

1. Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    Can someone point me to a quality instructor to get a non resident permit for Nevada. Needs to be in the Reno area, as that is closer to where I'm at.

Thanks..
    I took my instruction through Semper Firearms. Mike Motta is an excellent instructor and I think you will benefit from his class. He is flexible when it comes to scheduling too. If you're in the Reno area, he can come to you for the classroom portion. Of course, you will have to follow him out to do the live fire qualification. I registered for a class at his facility. It was just my brother and me. Initially, it was intended to be a private class, but someone wanted to take the renewal class. No big deal. I was charged for the regular public class rate.

Mike is not just about making money. Staying alive is what he teaches. Trust me, this guy is good.

Here's the link to his website:

Semper Firearms Training - Home
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    How can you have a nonresident Nevada permit and reside in Las Vegas at the same time?
    AD military. I kept my OR license and vehicle registration, so when I applied for the CC permit I got a non-res permit. One of the perks for AD personnel; I don't have to pay the insane vehicle reg fees nor do I need to get my car smog tested.

Funny thing is my OR license has my LV address on it :D

Dose anyone know what the requirments are for one state to recognize anothers ccw laws ?
    Just wondering why Colorado doesn't honor Nevada when it does honor Utah it seems Utah is easier to get
    Maybe I'm looking for Logic from state government

Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    I took the course at The Gun Store in Las Vegas. From 3 yards, you fire 6 left handed, reload and fire 6 right handed in 60 seconds. From 7 yards, fire 6 anyway you want, reload and fire 6 more. The same from 15 yards for 36 shots total.
    That course is well and fine - to be considered "additional training" - AS LONG AS the student is NOT disqualified if/when he/she cannot pass those additional requirements.

Note the NSCA Training Standards document says:
    these standards are a minimum requirement, nothing precludes an instructor from providing additional training.
    Additional training is NOT the same as additional requirements.

Here is the requirement specified by the NSCA:
    6 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards 6 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

5 yards 12 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

7 yards 12 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

(for a total of 30 rounds fired)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards 5 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

5 yards 10 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

7 yards 10 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

(for a total of 25 rounds fired)
    It is my opinion a student must be passed/certified upon meeting the minimum requirements established by law and the NSCA.

This is my personal opinion.

I am a member of the NSCA CCW Sub Cmte - the first ever civilian appointed; but to the best of my knowledge, we've not discussed this particular issue. Hence, my personal opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234