can you carry any revolver under ccw
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can you carry any revolver under ccw

1. can you carry any revolver under ccw

I was told if you qualify with a revolver for a ccw, that you can carry any revolver under that qualification. Does anyone know if this true.

I'm not sure about where you are but here in North Carolina once you get your CC permit you can carry any type gun you want to. In other words here it does not matter. You can quallify with a revolver and carry a semi-auto or what ever. You may want to check out the gun laws in your state or you could just ask at the sherrifs dept.
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    I was told if you qualify with a revolver for a ccw, that you can carry any revolver under that qualification. Does anyone know if this true.
    In my state you don't "qualify with a revolver," you pass a course specifically designed for cc. In the course I took, several students had no gun to use so the instructor supplied several 22's for student to use.

(side note - sever students brought .223 ammo instead of .22... opps!)

Check the requirements of your state.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    Yes.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

6. Yes and derringers are also included

Yes you can. The permit will state revolvers authorized yes or no and then each specific semi-automatic.

Did not qualify with specific firearm.

In Nebraska you take a CCW course and do not have to qualify with a specific firearm. Permit is good for any type of firearm.

In TX you can qualify with a semi-auto or a revolver.
    If you qual with a semi-auto you can carry a semi-auto or a revolver.
    If you qual with a revolver you can carry a revolver but canNOT carry a semi-auto.

10. Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder View Post
    in tx you can qualify with a semi-auto or a revolver.
    If you qual with a semi-auto you can carry a semi-auto or a revolver.
    If you qual with a revolver you can carry a revolver but cannot carry a semi-auto.
    god bless texas!
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Yes, you can qual (shoot) your NV course with "any" revolver - when you get your NV CCW it just says REVOLVER, if you shoot an auto for NV CCW qual it has the specific make model, cal of firearm on your CCW, Springfiled XD 45 acp. So I always tell folks to add the revolver when they do their course so they can carry what ever revolver they want under the NV ccw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast