Nevada carry laws SUCK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada carry laws SUCK

1. Nevada carry laws SUCK

Why is it, a conceal carry from Nevada will work in Texas, but, a Texas CCW won't work in Nevada?.

Same reason an Idaho permit is no good in several states including Nevada and yet Idaho honors all states permits.

"POLITICIANS"
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Nevada only honors permits that are similar to their own. 5 year validity, Live fire qualification and 24 hour permit validity check in your state are some of the things that are required. That is why Utah and Florida were recently dropped. If our politicians would ease up a bit then ours might be recognized in more states too.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."--Thomas Jefferson

Dropping Utah was a bummer for me. I was legal in Nevada for 7 months before that. Guess I'll have to go to Nevada and take their stupid left handed shooting test. Utah was convenient for us [both I and my girlfriend got the Utah permit to be legal in Nevada] because we can qualify for it here in Washington. Last time I checked one had to qualify for the NV permit in Nevada and had to go back to requalify for each renewal. Even Oregon isn't that anal.

Quote Originally Posted by twoclones View Post
    Dropping Utah was a bummer for me. I was legal in Nevada for 7 months before that. Guess I'll have to go to Nevada and take their stupid left handed shooting test. Utah was convenient for us [both I and my girlfriend got the Utah permit to be legal in Nevada] because we can qualify for it here in Washington. Last time I checked one had to qualify for the NV permit in Nevada and had to go back to requalify for each renewal. Even Oregon isn't that anal.
    Oregon was the easiest permit I've gotten The renewal was even easier, which is why I'll never let it expire (unlike my NV one once I move from this wretched town, I'd rather not come back except for vacation on the strip)

7. NY is honored by some states, but we dont honor ANY other states. :/

Quote Originally Posted by stresco View Post
    NY is honored by some states, but we dont honor ANY other states. :/
    Nevada honors permits from 8 states. Handgunlaw.us
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    Nevada honors permits from 8 states. Handgunlaw.us
    NY= New York not Nevada

I just got my Non Res PA, still waiting for my Non Res Utah to come in.

Nevada accepts 10

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    Nevada honors permits from 8 states.
    According to the Nevada Dept. of Public Safety, Nevada accepts permits from these 10 states.
    Alaska
    Arkansas
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Missouri
    Nebraska
    Ohio
    Tennessee
    West Virginia

RE: Nevada Department of Public Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Avail View Post
    Oregon was the easiest permit I've gotten The renewal was even easier, which is why I'll never let it expire (unlike my NV one once I move from this wretched town, I'd rather not come back except for vacation on the strip)
    Wait until you try Washington. No class, no test... fill out the application, get fingerprinted, pay the fee and wait by the mail box.

Renewal is as easy as walking into the Sheriff's office and paying the fee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast